We're looking for you London!
Executive Sous Chef, Decimo · Full Time · 4 Days Week · 45 Hours per week [Tuesday - Saturday with fixed days off - Sunday & Monday + 1 other day] · Temporary accommodation available if relocating to London
Recently seen on BBC1 Master Chef and voted as one of London's Top 100 Restaurants; Michelin-starred Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias merges the Spanish cuisine of his family with his love of Mexico for his debut London restaurant, Decimo. Expect lots of flavour- aquachile (Mexican ceviche), suckling pig shoulder, vegan paella and a new take on tacos with a dramatically different tortilla. Situated on the 10th floor of The Standard, London, Decimo features two separate bar areas, main restaurant which showcases live fire cooking and two semi private dining spaces; with floor-to-ceiling windows and roof terraces providing dramatic views across the London skyline.
We are now looking to grow our Decimo Kitchen team and are seeking diverse and dynamic individuals that are anything but standard! who will capture the very essence of this our culinary destination to join our team as our Executive Sous Chef.
As our Executive Sous Chef in Decimo you will be an integral part of the kitchen management team and will run the show in the absence of our Executive Head Chef. You will contribute in the execution of all daily culinary operations, support menu development and assist in supervising all culinary team members. Most importantly you will oversee service delivery and monitor food quality from the pass serving over 200 covers a night at this rooftop destination.
You will of course be passionate about cooking, with an exceptional working knowledge of kitchen operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food and proven knowledge of production and cooking techniques. Prior experience of preparing Spanish or Mexican cuisine is a bonus!
As an Executive Sous Chef, you will possess solid people skills such as coaching, training, disciplining and mediating in conflicts. You are patient, empathetic and supportive towards you team, even in the most stressful situations, and of course, you show pride in your work and hold yourself and your team to highest standards.
As part of the kitchen management team, you will also assist in many various aspects of kitchen management, from the daily production of food and quality control of products, stock control, food hygiene and HACCP.
Finally, your extensive knowledge of the latest food trends and London restaurant scene will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate culinary experience in this open kitchen with live fire cooking, that is anything but Standard!
Do you have what it takes to be an Executive Sous Chef at The Standard
‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging and you too will add a touch of your own personality and theatre to our guest experience while at the Standard.
With this in mind, you will need to be upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy kitchen environment and can manage multiple tasks with ease. In addition to this you will also need…
- A proven track record in as an Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef in a large operation is essential for this role with the ability to inspire and motivate, with experience ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’, large multi-site restaurant/kitchen or boutique hotel sector
- Hold professional culinary & food safety qualifications to a minimum of level 2 or 3
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience and proficiency across a range of kitchen management disciplines including stock management control and menu planning; ideally gained in a high volume, fast-paced kitchen
- Ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service standards throughout your team
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Executive Sous Chef we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- 4 day week with set days off
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities