The Standard, Melbourne
Fulltime and Casual Positions Available
We’re looking for you!
Join an exciting pre-opening Hotel team and the most powerful international brand in the Boutique Hotel business, into the Australian Hotel scene. Standard International is a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, has established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
Be a host to our guests adding a touch of personality and theatre to their experience, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat, and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high-volume, high-energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guests with ease.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consider the guest experience in everything you do, always be onstage and delight in offering the best assistance to our guests.
- To represent the face of the hotel to be able to offer a warm welcome to all the guests entering to the Standard, Melbourne.
- Take pride and personal ownership of our guests’ arrival, departure and overall experience ensuring that it is what you would expect your stay at The Standard, Melbourne to be.
Respond to all incoming telephone, email, and guest enquiries.
- Support the Reservations team with reservations enquiries.
- Perform check-in and check-out procedures using the property management system (PMS) ensuring all guidelines are adhered to for registration. Obtain guest information and ensure that the assigned room type and rates are correct.
- Maintain 100% guest recognition on all VIPs arriving/departing, repeat guest and company directors visiting our hotel.
- Be fluent in all Standard service concepts, products, and service in order to maximise up selling opportunities.
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to the Manger on Duty if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- See beyond your desk by being constantly aware of the lobby and beyond, maintaining eye contact with all guests and colleagues, anticipating needs through service checks, ensuring those waiting for service in all areas of the business are visually acknowledge and are attended to as quickly as possible.
- Share your great ideas with the team, we want to know!
- Ensure that all business data (including guest information, history, and rates) are accurately maintained in the property management system (PMS)
- Adhere to company credit policy with regards to revenue processing, to ensure accurate rate and outlet charges are made to guest accounts and that cashiering activities follow procedures.
- Assist guests with information and purchases in the Bodega. Ensuring stock levels are maintained and the space is kept immaculate.
- Maintain impeccable cleanliness, availability and peak condition of all front office areas, equipment, and supplies, coordinating any repairs or maintenance issues as they arise.
- Project a positive and joyful attitude yet stay composed under pressurised situations.
- When requested, provide assistance with our departments through-out the hotel, including F&B, HSK, Guest Experience and Engineering.
- Ensure you are presented impeccably groomed and looking your best at all times.
- Effectively communicate with the staff and management.
- · Experience with Hotel PMS systems, preferably Opera
- · Excellent communication and customer service skills
- · Committed to delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- · A friendly, outgoing personality.
- · Ability to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure.
- · Ability to learn and effectively operate multiple IT systems, full training provided.
- · The flexibility to work across a 7-day roster, morning, and afternoon shifts.
- · Team player with a “can do” mindset.
- · Must have the right to work in Australia.
- · Outside the box thinking
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
To apply - please email your CV and cover letter to HR - firstname.lastname@example.org