Front Office Manager
To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Direct: Director of Front Office
Front office agents
Internal: Front Office, Reservations, Housekeeping, Engineering, Sales, Food and Beverage, Security, Events, HR
All back and front of house areas.
· under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
· under variable noise levels.
· around fumes and/or odor hazards.
· around dust and/or mite hazards.
· around chemicals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides an issue free work environment through motivation, support, empowerment and development for all personnel.
· Proactively strives to build positive working relationships through teamwork and clear communication.
· Ensures that all decisions and resulting actions are aligned with The Standard, High Line’s policy of 100% guest satisfaction producing a high level of service.
· Assists in continuously evaluating the performance of Front Office staff and takes corrective actions when necessary.
· Maintains and accounts for assigned cash bank and front office cash record on daily basis documenting as necessary.
· Solves, rectifies and mediates guest’s issues.
· Corrects billing adjustments when necessary.
· Reviews daily arrivals and ensures all guest preferences and special requests are fulfilled.
· Minutes and follow up.
· Implements and monitors the “up-sell” incentive program.
· Oversee productivity performance in all Front office areas, flexing labor when necessary
· Approves hourly line staff 90 day and annual reviews
· Plans and Conducts departmental training.
· Ensures daily information has been reviewed with all associates prior to the start of their shift by Guest Servive Agents including VIP’s.
· Ensures Groups are checked out, balances are paid and guest ledger is current for the day
· Reviews guests’ feedback from all sources and implements plans for improvement.
· Resolves / covers any staff shortages that arise on shift and is proactive in resolving any future staffing issues.
· Establishes and Maintains Front Office inventory controls as it relates to equipment, supplies and uniforms.
· Maintains computer equipment for proper functioning and Resolves/Communicates with IT and PMS Support as required.
· Prepares and follows up on incidents and accident reports.
· Reviews no-shows and recommends action to be taken to the Director of Front Office.
· Communicates with other departments: housekeeping, maintenance, banquets to ensure any outstanding guest issues have been resolved.
· Reviews all group arrivals to ensure billing and room type information are correct.
· Participates in interview process for front office positions as needed.
· Reviews schedules and maintains productivity in line with budget.
· Ensures that payroll is updated daily and edits are few as all associates are required to punch in / out.
· Facilitates the training and development of all associates.
· Assists Director of Front Office with any requested tasks.
· Understands The Standard, High Line product and brand identity, and upholds all service procedures and communication standards as outlined by brand Standard Operating Procedures.
· Performs daily Guest Service Agent duties during peak periods or as needed.
· Performs daily Front Desk Agent duties during peak periods or as needed.
· Performs daily Bellman duties during peak periods or as needed.
· Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in hotel Management/Business Administration, plus five years Front office/Guest Service experience including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Additional language competency preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling various objects
· Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Ability to travel to attend workshops, specialized training and/or certifications, etc.
· Prior work experience in a related area
· College degree or currently studying hospitality, business, management
Apply Directly at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/STA1022STDRD/JobBoard/e143bb69-8b96-4b25-ae8a-71cfbe124fb6/Opportunit...
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now