Great fun, great attitude? We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Fulltime and casual positions
Join an exciting pre-opening Hotel team and the most powerful international brand in the Boutique Hotel business, into the Australian Hotel scene. Standard International is a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
Use your love of all thing’s cuisine, culinary and beverage to help us create an environment where you will not only delight our guests but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate dining experience in Melbourne, that is anything but Standard!
- Always follow the Hotel operating procedures and represent The Standard to the expected level of service.
- Be on the floor, in full uniform, well-groomed and ready for service at the start of your shift.
- Prepare the floor and stations for service and following the established checklists and as directed by the Manager on duty.
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of all applicable food and beverage menus.
- Be aware of any specials on the menu, as well as any specific daily briefing points.
- To serve food and drinks, consistently following The Standard’s ‘Order of Service’.
- Build excellent relations with guests. Welcome guests in a professional and friendly manner and ensure that their wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
- To attend all training sessions and team meetings as required.
- To correctly follow the company cash handling procedures at all times and be responsible for all payments taken by yourself.
- To carry out any tasks assigned to you as directed by the management team.
- Be knowledgeable of and operate within appropriate outlet and Hotel liquor licensing guidelines and management policies.
- Maintain currency of RSA certification, amendments and updates and adhere to RSA principles.
- Ensure all OH&S requirements are adhered to and ensure all health or safety hazards or incidents are reported in a timely manner.
- Experience with POS systems.
- Have a passion for delivering exceptional dining experiences and know it’s so much more than just a plated dish or a drink in a glass!
- Impeccable grooming and presentation.
- And most importantly – possess a great, energetic work ethic and a vision and passion to build a fantastic team environment.
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
To apply - please email your CV and cover letter to HR - firstname.lastname@example.org