To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Direct: Director of Engineering
All back and front of house areas.
Responsible for maintaining the general condition of the property with regards to all aspects of basic electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and painting work. Complete maintenance request work orders from all departments on a timely basis. Participate in the preventive maintenance program for all-building equipment and rooms. Complete other special projects assigned periodically by the Director of Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Trained in safety procedures and compliant with all safety regulations
· Extensive prior plumbing, carpentry, and electrical background a must.
· Knowledge and aptitude using all power tools.
· Ability to multitask and complete several various assignments daily.
· Flexibility to work days, nights and or weekends.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Receive daily work assignments from Chief Engineer/Supervisor and review priorities and special projects.
· Organize materials, tools and equipment to perform daily assignments.
· Check work orders and night report for any problems. Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
· Exert physical effort in transporting heavy objects.
· Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
· Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
· Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
· Paint designated areas and items.
· Install and replace basic electrical fixtures, replace light switches, receptacles, and light bulbs.
· Repair furniture.
· Install, replace, and program televisions.
· Perform minor plumbing functions.
· Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
· Trace and repair all types of water lines.
· Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
· Maintain repair and preventative maintenance records.
· Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
· Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
· Work as a bell attendant in the event of staffing shortages or during peak check in/out periods.
· Follow Service Recovery Guidelines.
· Follow sustainability guidelines and practices.
· Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and comply with MSDS and OSHA standards.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.