One of the fastest growing lifestyle hotel companies is searching for a proactive, energetic sales person to join their team as “Director, Global Sales – Southern Europe.” The primarily responsibility for this role is leading sales efforts relating to Leisure & Travel Industry segments within their territories (which include Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece) to maximize revenue opportunities for all Standard Hotels. This is a remote role with the opportunity for regular travel. They will work with the VP, Global Sales to deliver on the company’s overall sales plans and considering this is a new role the successful candidate must be a self-starter with proven record of proactive sales efforts in order to develop their own account list along with consistently seek opportunities to obtain new accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maximize revenue opportunities from managed Leisure & Travel Industry accounts.
· Establish list of global accounts within the Leisure & Travel Industry sectors and consistently be proactive in finding new accounts.
· Handle all sales efforts in relation to managed accounts such as (but not limited to) contracting, sales calls, marketing opportunities.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
· Provide market intelligence and support to hotels.
· Achieve goals and KPIs as set forth by VP, Global Sales.
· Maintain detailed & timely records of sales actions within company software (such as CRM, analytics tools, etc).
· Actively patriciate in promoting company’s various programs & initiatives, in particular those relating to managed segment.
· Work with marketing department where necessary to plan and direct campaigns promoting managed segment.
· Develops and executes annual sales plan for managed market segment.
· Maintain personal budgets & expenses to ensure it follows the overall global sales budget.
· Work with on-property sales teams to give regular updates and assistance with managed accounts in effort to maximize revenue potential.
· Follows direction and tasks assigned by VP, Global Sales.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
· 6+ years’ Sales experience.
· Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Multilingual Preferred.
· Computer proficient.
· Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
· Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
· Ability to manage change effectively.
· Proven leadership that helps the company achieve its overall performance and profit goals and inspires and motivates the team.
· Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
· Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
· Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally.