Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who choose to call The Standard home.
Our DNA is Unconventional + Compassionate, Creative + Pragmatic and Individuality + Teamwork.
- Unconventional: “That's the way it is done” mentality is never the answer.
- Compassionate: Having sympathy, putting yourself in someone
- Creative: Thinking outside the box, finding creative ways to solve problems
- Pragmatic: How you will get something done.
- Individuality: Not rely on others to achieve your goals or get the work done
- Teamwork: working together towards a common goal
This position has as key objectives the continuous improvement and operational implementation of the Guest Experience and online reputation of the hotel by monitoring daily experience performance and Guest feedback, representing the Guest within the hotel and supporting GM on achieving positive results and Guest Experience targets. To ensure full compliance of the Brand Assurance Program at the property, the implementation and follow-up of brand essentials (standards) and quality programs, including related training, with the aim of ensuring brand consistency and excellence, while supporting optimal Guest Experience, increased satisfaction and loyalty. To resolve any guest complaints or issues and ensure employees properly trained to provide customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Voice of the Guest
- As the project leader, you will support GM to lead and grow all Guest Experience initiatives within the property.
- Focuses on guest satisfaction when identifying business improvement opportunities.
- Represent the guests’ voice within the hotel; centralize and analyze all available guest feedback concerning hotel products and services (directly from guests and voice of guest, Local Measure, etc.).
- Encourage staff to invite guests to answer the hotel guest satisfaction survey.
- Master Guest satisfaction tools to monitor and drive the Reputation Performance Score (RPS).
- Manage responses to all guest feedback, as per The Standard policy.
- Share guest insights during morning briefing to GM, HOD, and employees: negative as well as positive feedbacks (develop recognition of employees).
- Performing root-cause analysis in each touchpoint, problem resolution & prevention plan, following up on necessary actions and implementation.
- Deep Dive on Member’s experience and satisfaction and work closely with the loyalty activist.
- Conduct weekly HOD meetings to communicate performance, support, and follow up on action plans.
- Lead and develop a team of Guest Experience Champions within the hotel to infuse the guest experience-centric culture and keep improving guest satisfaction to drive preferences.
- Champion the internal communication of Guest Experience related matters to all employees including performance, best practices implemented in other The Standard hotels).
- Conducts Guest Experience Management Induction for new hires.
Brand Assurance and Quality Program
- Embrace and communicate the Brand Assurance Program and all-new brand/quality initiatives effectively to all stakeholders.
- Is fully knowledgeable about the brand essentials (standards), checks and ensures full implementation across all departments.
- Review and follow up on action plans proposed by each department post-mystery audit.
- Take the initiative to actively implement daily / weekly cross-department assessments and appoint staff and empower them in doing the tasks.
- Conduct quarterly full self-assessments.
- Set an internal target to ensure the highest audit score during the mystery audit.
Operational / Guest Service
- Has regular and close interactions with hotel guests to collect feedbacks and ideas.
- Ensure VIP guests’ experience meet the expectation from pre-arrival to departure.
- Train, direct, and monitor guest relation team performance to ensure all standards and operating procedures are adhered to.
- Takes pride in delivering a high-quality service.
- Exhibit problem-solving skills in an efficient and timely manner has the ability to recover guest experience from negative into a positive one.
- Allows and supports team members to resolve internal and external guest service issues.
- To be conversant with the Hotel’s emergency procedures and ensure all Front Office associates are also conversant.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility to others based on their ability whilst ensuring they have sufficient authority and resources.
- Actively and successfully, train people for current assignments and future growth.
- Set and communicate high performance standards.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Hospitality Management or Business Management.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the hospitality industry.
- Thorough understanding of global hotel distribution channels.
- Excellent understanding & proven practical implementation of the yield management science.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel is a must).
- Proficiency in computer-based programs.
- Analytically minded, strategically focused.
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Throughout the resort we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service.
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences.
- They are ambitious, vibrant, and social/friendly individuals.
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all races and gender be their friends.
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires.
- They have personality and depth.
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge-being in the know with what is happening in the city and around the world.
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech, and business.
- They are engaging, socially adept, and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease.
- They can entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful, and meaningful manner.
- They are authentically themselves.
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.