The Front Desk Agent is directly responsible for the smooth operation of the Front Desk in conjunction with all other departments of the Hotel to ensure a positive guest experience. Ability to perform duties in PBX, Reservations, and Concierge positions.
What you will be doing
- Maintain the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Desk. Successfully complete all administrative functions of department such as, billing, report generation, registrations detail and check out procedures. Cross trained to perform responsibilities in PBX, Reservations, Concierge, and Bell departments.
- Support and promote all hotel and company programs, policies and procedures. Able to respond properly in an emergency or safety situation.
- Provide general information to guests and patrons regarding hotel services, hours of operation, key personnel, daily activities and special functions.
- Committed to maintaining superior standards of quality, service, and cleanliness in the lobby area and at the desk. Consistently maintain a neat, organized and clean workspace and uniform.
- Effectively communicate and report any vital guest service information with Front Desk team through the Front Desk log. Maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum productivity, and guest service. Develop and maintain relationships with guests, patrons, clients, group contacts and service providers to ensure superior personalized service. Respond to guest comments effectively and promptly and follow up in order to ensure resolution. Assist in other areas of hotel if needed.
The ideal candidate for this position
- At least 1 years hotel experience at Front Desk/Concierge position.
- Proficiency in the English language, including: written, oral, reading, spelling and grammar. Bi-lingual skills beneficial, but not required.
- Proven supervisor skills: training, delegating, problem solving, follow-up, prioritizing and common sense.
- Flexible and reliable in scheduling. Able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and overnight.
- Working knowledge of common computer programs. Opera a plus.
- Strong communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Able to successfully work independently or as part of the team.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Work in variable weather conditions
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- PTO & Holiday Pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Meals
- Matching 401K plans
- Company hotel / F&B Discounts
- Use of Resort Facilities with employee discounts
The Standard, Miami Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status, partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law (“Protected Characteristics”).