The Standard, Melbourne
Join an exciting, pre-opening Hotel to launch the most powerful brand in the Boutique Hotel business, onto the Australian Hotel scene.
Standard International is a New York based hospitality company founded in 1999. The Standard’s irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife and beyond.
- Formulate and execute strategies, practices and associated policies and procedures to maximise total revenue and market share for the Hotel
- Analyse data and prepare accurate short- and long-term revenue forecasts for the Hotel with actions to achieve the targets, monitoring industry and market trends and amend Hotel strategies to take advantage of the change in trends
- Closely work with the Sales and Operations Team to encourage strategic direction of the right piece pf business. Lead the annual RFP process for negotiated accounts and the wholesale contracting process.
- Look at innovative ways to maximise revenue across all business steams including F&B
- Manage all distribution channels – OTA's, GDS, and direct, ensuring all have rate and inventory parity. Ensure all contracted rates are correctly loaded in the PMS
- Regularly monitor the Hotel PMS to ensure inventory is balanced.
- Manage Hotel reservations ensuring that not only booking enquiry opportunities are maximised but our guests are treated with our unique, inclusive, creative “Anything but Standard” brand of hospitality
- Mentor, coach and supervise the reservation loading process to ensure that reservations are being correctly converted and sold in order to maximise revenue
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry
- Demonstrated ability to be a key contributor to the development and implementation of strategic financial plans for the Hotel
- Experience with distribution and PMS systems
- Experience in owning OTA & other partner relationships
- Experience in motivating and managing a small team to not only achieve great results but have fun!
We are not for everyone …. but everyone is welcome.
The Standard Values
Unconventional & Compassionate | Individuality & Teamwork | Creative & Pragmatic
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org