Waiter / Waitress (Lido)
A Waiter/Waitress is responsible for ensuring diners have a positive experience at food establishments by exhibiting excellent customer service. Their duties include greeting diners and taking their orders, communicating with members of the kitchen about orders and carrying meals or beverages to the correct tables.
- Possesses personality and flair and feel comfortable executing your daily task
- Complete knowledge of any hotel and / or Food and Beverage related SOP’s and follow them
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests in Thai and English language.
- Be able to operate the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service experience and generating increased revenue.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness. Follow the guidelines that are provided for this
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends all necessary communication meetings on time without possibility to delay others.
- Ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service, in order to provide an efficient service. This includes cleaning tasks in front and back of house.
- Be able to prepare basic food items like but not limited to Sandwiches, salads, burgers,… as per the culinary department training and recipe cards
- Be able to prepare all beverages on the menu as per training & recipe cards (like but not limited to coffee (hot & cold) tea (hot & cold) soda’s, smoothies, wine, beer, mocktail, basic cocktail……
- Active research new and exiting trends and guest preferences via self-education, social media,..
- Perform any tasks relating to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies.
- Conserve all outlet equipment and utensils in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by carrying out required side duties as assigned. Ensuring that all areas maintain a first-class and positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness and décor.
- Assist in picking up all required stocks, including linen, beverage, dried goods and others, and arrange them accordingly.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the restaurant manager, assistant-manager and/or supervisor.
- Monitors guest satisfaction and ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on the guests’ needs. Maintain a strong guest relationship and notify your direct reports when problems or complaints occur.
- Supports colleagues when needed, as well assist other outlets when operations require this.
- Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
- Perform other duties assigned by the management
- Follow guidelines of health and safety surrounding the responsible service of alcohol
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP & FIFO)
- Not allergic to any kind of animal or pet as we are a pet friendly hotel