The Restaurant Manager is responsible for overseeing the
daily operations of a restaurant. Their duties include hiring and training
restaurant staff following company policies, speaking with diners to address
concerns or solve problems and creating work schedules for restaurant staff.
· Ensure a service-oriented culture focusing on guests’ needs
· Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
· Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
· Build strong working relationships with other hotel departments
· Attend meetings with senior management to discuss future business strategies and review ongoing action plans and progress
· Maintain the highest standard of personal appearance and cleanliness
· Perform other duties assigned by the management
· Inform the FB Manager of any disturbances & challenges in employee & guest satisfaction
· Not allergic to any kind of pet’s or animals as we are a pet friendly hotel
· Ability to carry / lift heavy loads incl. beach area’s
· Ability to kneel / bend down during service procedures
· Ability to work extensive hours in the open / under the sun / heat & rain
Duties and Responsibilities:
· A strong focus on hiring requirements resulting in finding the best available talent
· Ensures that the Team Member are motivated, self-starters & willing to learn and improve their knowledge on their own without being forced
· Ensure that you and all Team Member follow all set SOP’s (Hotel as well as Food and Beverage)
· Create front of house OSE Par stock for his / her outlets for distribution and usage.
· Encourages all Team Member to participate in any F&B, hotel or HR related activity.
· Assists FBM & DOFB during to create, maintain and adjust if necessary departmental SOPs.
· Supervise daily restaurant operations with a strong presence on the floor and assist servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods.
· Ensure that all employees report for duty in the outlet with correct uniform in a timely manner.
· Ensuring that the department maintains a first class and positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness and décor.
· Ongoing control and enhancement of quality standards and guest services.
· Work to continuously improve guest and employee satisfaction.
· Work with the stewarding team to ensure that all equipment needs are met, and all equipment is properly maintained / inventoried, and all loss is minimized.
· Creation and implementation of guest preference programs.
· Working with his / her team to create new opportunities for upselling to increase revenue & profitability
· Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all colleagues.
· Maintain high staff morale and team spirit within the department.
· Ensuring all training manuals, processes for the work area are in place and executed.
· Ensures all required departmental meetings are consistently & meaning full conducted.
· Plays a significant role in maximizing financial performance and attracting hotel and non-hotel guests.
· Assist with the creation and execution of the restaurant Budget and forecast.
· Assist with the creation and execution of the restaurant marketing plan.
· Ensure point of sales system is always updated and maintained with complete accuracy.
· Supports public relations opportunities to promote the restaurant.
· Conduct daily food and beverage tastings
· Ensure all menus are accurate and free from damage.
· Ensure compliance with all food and beverage policies, standards and procedures, including food handling and sanitation standards.
· Talk with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Provides direction to team members through coaching, guiding, and celebrating.
· Continuously improves employee retention.
· Identifies the development needs of others whilst coaching to improve their knowledge and skills.
· Manage staffing levels to meet guest service standards, operational needs and financial objectives.
· Conducts performance management & reviews for all team members.
· Be well versed in all necessary Hotel brand standards and history and ensure all direct reports are likewise versed.
· Conducts, if needed, disciplinary actions as per HR set policies.
· Not limited to the above, work in any area & capacity as seen fit by the managementApply Now