About the Role
As an F&B Runner at The Standard, East Village, you will become part of an exceptional team that will provide exceptional service across several restaurants and terraces within the hotel. Your love of creating memorable experiences will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guests but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate experience, that is anything but Standard!
You will be responsible for full-process ticket expediting, from assisting with firing dishes in the kitchen and plating to delivering finished dishes to guest tables. You will also be responsible for performing side work for FOH, replenishing FOH stock and clearing bus bins, preparing mise-en-place, and any other duties designated as necessary by the manager on duty.
Finally, and most importantly, you will make our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat, and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high-volume, high-energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
What We’re Looking For
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic, and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and the city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this, you will also need….
- Prior experience as an F&B Runner with the ability to fire order tickets accurately and consistently to the culinary team
- To be able to assist with plating/finishing food dishes
- To run food dishes from the kitchen to guest tables and run all IRD orders and ensure they are correct and complete
- To assist with the restocking of FOH spaces, including dishware, China, glass, and silverware, and clearing bus bins from FOH spaces
- To be highly social, motivated, and proactive; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be an F&B Runner we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be able to provide proof of eligible work in the US. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
About Our Benefits
- $15.00/hour (no tip credit) plus tips
- Competitive Insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- Complimentary Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- 401k with Company Match
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus
- Regular Employee Appreciation Events
- On the Job Training
- Transfer and Promotion Opportunities
- Manager In Training Program
- And a Fun Work Environment!
The salary ranges reflect a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to experience, education, licensure and/or certifications, geographic location, market demands, and other business and organizational needs. It is not guaranteed for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for a position.
About The Standard, East Village
The Standard, East Village opened in 2012 and has become a neighborhood favorite in New York’s iconic East Village. Located off Cooper Square in one of New York’s most vibrant, artistic neighborhoods, The Standard, East Village is cozy, charming, and eccentric in equal measure—very much in the spirit of its surroundings. You enter the 21-story tower through an original tenement-style building before ascending to unparalleled views of Manhattan.
With options as unique as our neighborhood, The Standard, East Village has venues to suit every taste. Our bustling street-side, all day Café Standard serves guests and neighbors from breakfast to late night. Tucked away off the Bowery, our Garden offers al fresco drinking in the summer months and a heated yurt village in the winter months. Inside, NO BAR offers a dash of camp, a strong beat and stronger cocktails.
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking to cast a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard East Village to join our team as a F&B Runner.Apply Now