Kitchen Porter · £12.26 per hour · Flexible Hours & shifts available · Full Time Role
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Kitchen Porter who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
As a Kitchen Porter at The Standard, London, you will form part of a specialist team that provides a dedicated Back of House and Stewarding service for the hotel and our collection of our F&B outlets which include high-volume all-day dining, late night lounge, busy cocktail bar and grill, garden and roof terraces, plus our exclusive destination restaurant, Decimo, on our top floor.
You will work closely with a wider F&B team and be part of a team of stewards and back of house porters and will be responsible for a range of cleaning and stewarding services including; dish wash; crockery and glassware preparation; general kitchen and back of house cleaning; recycling and refuse disposal. With a meticulous eye for detail you never miss a thing, ensuring that all services your team provide are carried out with the upmost efficiency; that is far from anything but Standard!
Most importantly you will adopt a flexible and hands-on approach able to adapt quickly to service levels in order to effectively support the business. It goes without saying that you will need to be confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and can manage relationships with your colleagues with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Kitchen Porter at the Standard?
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent. You will also need:
- Good understanding of restaurant operations and solid understanding of health and safety, manual handling and COSHH
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
- Meals on Duty
- Uniform & onsite laundry service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities