Bar Manager · Full Time · Flexible Schedule · £40k Inclusive of Tronc · Plus a variety of company benefits
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Bar Manager to join our Ground Floor team who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos.
As our Ground Floor Bar Manager, you will oversee an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive dinks service within one of several bars, restaurants located on our ground floor. Your exceptional knowledge of the latest trends in the London bar scene will help you train and develop an experienced bar team who will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of bar operations and the order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality wines, champagne and spirts in order to guide and make recommendations to guests based on their preferences. The bar team will also create and mix a range of signature cocktails in addition to mixing and blending of all the classics you’ll add a touch of personality and theatre to their experience. You’ll support our Head of Bars with ideas and the creation of new signature drinks and cocktails for our menus. As a senior member of the team there are a number of additional management duties you will undertake including staff scheduling, payroll and implementing Health & Safety policies and practices within your specific bar.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Bar Manager at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as an Assistant Bar Manager, Bar Manager or Bar Supervisor with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or similar busy city bar
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries
- Be a confident mixologist with a proven knowledge of spirits, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the latest trends in the London bar scene.
- Experience across a range of management disciplines
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- Holding a Personal Licence along with any relevant qualifications such as WSET is advantageous
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars will operate late night licences
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Ground Floor Bar Manager, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities