Reports to the Director of Sales. Develop and manage sales plans and strategies. Drive and develop new business for the Resort. Management and development of existing accounts for the Resort. To take responsibility and do whatever is required to provide a truly enjoyable and relaxing experience for the guest and fulfill the duties as an associate of The Standard, Huruvalhi Maldives. To have a clear understanding of, and work in line with The Standard Hotels culture.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyzes current client base or target market for the Resort.
2. Devices new ways to expand the client base.
3. Develops long-term relationships with leading tour operators, travel agents, influential journalists, tourism bodies, and affiliations to ensure market share and penetration.
4. Conduct site inspection tours for tour operators, travel agents, or journalists. Host and entertain the clients by yourself or together with the Director of Sales
5. Reaches out to organizations and businesses that might require a Resort for conferences and events.
6. Maintains the tour operator and travel agency database and tour operator contacts.
7. Designs and advertises special group rates and packages to increase larger bookings.
8. Overcomes hesitations of clients to close a sale.
9. Manages accounts of high-profile clients.
10. Processes payments and applies discounts as necessary.
11. Addresses and resolves any issues or complaints regarding sales or marketing.
12. Ensures that guests are enjoying their stay at the Resort and that large group needs are met.
13. Maintains positive relationships with clients to encourage repeat and recurring business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. College degree.
2. Experience in sales & marketing.
3. Strong communication skills.
4. Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
5. Focus and good computer skills.
6. Knowledge of design software and skills in preparing marketing colateral.
7. Analytic knowledge of social media and market trends.
8. Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
9. Experience in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and successful PR efforts.
10. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
1. Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
2. Prioritize and organize.
3. Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
4. Provide clear direction.
5. Understand guest’s service needs.
6. Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
7. Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
8. Understand market segmentation, yield, and inventory management.
1. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance;
2. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity;
3. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift;
4. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping;
5. Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
1. Throughout the Resort we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse, and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
2. They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
3. They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
4. They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
5. They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
6. They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
7. They have personality and depth.
8. They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
9. They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
10. They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
11. They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;12. They are authentically themselves.