House Attendant- Linen Sorter
The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice, combines with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renown globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture.
As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance
our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and
amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and
delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
- Vacuum, shampoo and extract rugs and carpets.
- Clean public areas, offices, public restrooms and sidewalk around the hotel. Periodically disinfect elevator buttons / panels, door handles, and any other surface guest touches.
- Disinfect all equipment and devices at the beginning and ending of shift.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within Housekeeping department.
- Deep clean guest rooms, polish, squeegee windows, high dusting, move furniture, bed mattresses etc.
- Collect garbage and soiled linen, count and keep record of count.
- Receive linen supplies from laundry, count and stock linen closets on guest floors in a neat organized manner.
- Receive housekeeping supplies and amenities, stock closets on guest floors in a neat and organized manner.
- Strip soiled linen from beds when asked to help Room Attendants.
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning, throughout the day and end of shift to collect trash, soiled linen and other items as assigned by management.
- Clean and maintain Housekeeping storages organized at all times.
- Provide weekly and monthly inventory of all items (linen, terry, amenities, cleaning supplies and equipment) to management, report any shortage.
- Help the Room Attendants with heavy lifting and special cleaning projects as directed.
- Report missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping managers.
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful and timely manner to guests requests.
- Any tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to communicate in English, write, read, speak.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Rate $25.13 / hour.
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage.
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance.
- 401k with Company match.
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays.
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace.
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts.
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.