Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Ensures that the hotel is fully stocked to par levels for Beverages, Food dry goods, Paper/Plastic and Cleaning Supplies, China/Glassware/Silverware and Dishwashing Chemicals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Place Purchase Orders (PO) via Birchstreet.
· Make sure that the hotel is fully stocked on.
*Beverages (Liquors, Beers)
*Food Dry Goods (Water, Coca-cola, coffees, teas etc…)
*Paper/Plastic and Cleaning supplies (To go supplies, Papers towels, Beverage napkins etc…)
· The orders are placed on Monday and Thursday for Tuesday and Friday delivery and sometimes in between depending on how busy the outlets are. A few deliveries on Saturday in case the events go through a lot of items like water or beers.
· Receive and Put away Liquors, Wines, Foods, and Dry Goods.
· Fill out daily liquor requisitions for all the outlets.
· Fill out Event/banquet Liquor requisition and transferred returns back to our inventory.
· Fill out Dry goods requisitions and Kitchen requisitions
· Execute End of Month Food and Beverage Inventory including CGS and All dry/cleaning supplies
· Ensure that FIFO (First In First Out) system is used to minimize waste.
· Trace and Track ETA for some shipments to ensure the delivery is on schedule.
· Communicate with suppliers about discrepancies
· Monitor returns and make sure credits are applied
· Receive invoices in Accubar.
· Make sure all Liquors, CGS, Foods are transferred in Accubar
· Receive invoices in Birschstreet, update amounts in case of discrepancies.
· Scan and send invoices in a timely manner to Accounting Account Payable.
· Fill out weekly CGS requisition (Order items if needed, inform Manager/supervisor when ready)
· Notify manager/supervisor of shortage or 86 items
· Order specials order for event/banquets.
· Receive events liquor, beer order for events that provide their own liquors
· Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable or incorrect items
· Verify Wine Orders to make sure they match the invoices
· Responsible for organization and cleaning of storeroom, wine and beverage storeroom and Mini-Storage
· Help bringing back and forth of any items from Mini-Storage to the hotel and vice-versa
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions, preferably bilingually.
· Have at least 3 months prior experience in similar position.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
· Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
· Have organizational skills.
· Have sanitation skills.
· Command of the English language.
· Must have Open Availability to be considered.
· Must have proper means of transportation to be considered.
· Level of experience in a high volume, high end hotel is recommended but not required.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
· Work with sharp objects in a safe manner.
· Will be exposed to hot and cold temperature extremes.
Benefits for working at The Standard:
Paid Time Off – starts accruing on the first day of work
FT Employees – Health Benefits starts on 91st day of work
Employee Perks – Friends & Family Hotel Rates
Employee Perks – 25% F&B discount
Employee Referral Program – hourly $250; MGT $500, paid after (90) days of work
Wage Works- save money on your commute
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now