To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Direct: Director of Front Office, Front Office Managers
Internal: Front Office, Housekeeping, Sales, Events
External: Hotel guests/visitors
Bell Desk, Hotel Entrance, Guest Rooms
Duties and Responsibilities:
Opens door and greets as they enter and leave the hotel.
Assists guests with carrying luggage during check-in and check-out. Safely and promptly delivers to and picks up luggage from guest rooms.
Tags and places guest luggage in storage at guest request. Retrieves luggage for guests from storage.
Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, guest room features and services to guest and provide information to guest regarding local attractions and activities.
Assists guests with transportation by getting taxis or arranging car services. Opens car and taxi doors for guests.
Parks and retrieves cars from valet parking. Communicates all guest valet information to Guest Service Agent.
Occasionally runs errands for guests and delivers items to guest rooms.
Accepts mail for the hotel to be given to front desk. Refers package deliveries to the front desk to be accepted and logged. Occasionally deliver packages to guest rooms.
Attends to any special requests from guests.
Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
Perform other duties assigned which may include but is not limited to delivering guest mail/messages, packages etc.
Maintains a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Performs any other duties, if capable, as requested by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
- They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
- They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
- They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
- They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
- They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
- They have personality and depth;
- They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
- They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
- They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
- They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
- They are authentically themselves;
- They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Long periods of standing
- Periods of outside work
- Moving about the public areas
- Handling objects such as luggage
- Continuous contact with Guests
- Bending, kneeling, stooping
Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
High School Diploma or equivalent
Prior guest service work experience
Benefits for working at The Standard:
Paid Time Off – starts accruing on the first day of work
FT Employees – Health Benefits starts on 91st day of work
Employee Perks – Friends & Family Hotel Rates
Employee Perks – 25% F&B discount
Employee Referral Program – hourly $250; MGT $500, paid after (90) days of work
Wage Works- save money on your commute
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now