The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discotheque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activation's. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The bar back is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area, restocking and breaking down at closing, and other tasks to assist the bartender before and during the shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Main par level stocks and assist bartender whenever necessary
- Open and set up bar, including stocking liquor bottles
- Stock all glassware and ashtrays
- Fill all ice wells with ice
- Maintain and upkeep inventory of fruits, juices, water, beer, liquor, garnishes, coffee/tea, silverware, napkins, salt & pepper, and other bar related items
- Stock all paper and plastic needs for bar such as napkins, straws, stirrers and micros paper
- Make sure the bar is neat and clean at all times
- Perform other duties as requested per manager or bartender
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledgeable of bar products, drink list, and menu
- Working knowledge of POS system
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work in team and independently
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment
- Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
- Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per Standard of Operating Procedures
- Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- Able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day
- Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching
- Able to pull, push, carry and lift at least 40 pounds of force
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Rate $15/hour + TIPS
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Now