- Be part of the pre-opening team to bring Standard Hotels to SG!
- Join us in creating anything but standard
- Enjoy a robust and flexible benefits scheme
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Involved in pre-opening and system set-up.
- Maintain effective communication and relations with Owning Company, Executive Committee and department heads.
- Coordinate the hiring process of the Finance team by corresponding with applicants regarding employment opportunities.
- Evaluate effectiveness of Finance Accounting, Procurement and IT operations and review annual goals.
- Facilitate team training process.
- Ensure that all performance procedures and established standards are followed; coach and mentor performance process to ensure consistency.
- Establish progressive discipline procedures, conduct training for the team on policies and procedures and progressive discipline. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees to hotel standards.
- Ensure all bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly reports are sent regularly and in a timely manner. This includes amongst others: Financial Statements, Balance sheet reconciliation, Owner’s package, Tax report, etc.
- Prepare budget annually. Track to forecast and keep expenses within budget.
- Oversee the operation of the payroll office ensuring excellent service to colleagues and appropriate control and management mechanisms are in place and being utilised appropriately.
- Ensure proper maintenance of files and records ensuring compliance with the local laws industry practice.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university on Finance, Accountancy, or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Finance and Accounting and at least two (2) years as a Director of Finance or equivalent in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of government labour regulations and Accounting Standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively communicate with guests, colleagues, and management to their understanding.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork. Knowledge of budget preparation and cost controls.