Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Food and Beverage
Direct: Executive Chef & Executive Sous Chef
SHL Ground Floor kitchen team, TOTS kitchen Team
Assist Executive Sous Chef in daily operations, including mentoring and coaching, expediting, ordering, inventory, butchering, organizing and maintaining a clean, sanitary and tidy kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Check main items for service and make sure they are ready for use.
· If something is missing, take care of problem immediately: including prep & staff.
· Supervise and assist staff as they prep for all shift.
· Monitor the cleanliness of each station; make sure that they maintain their work areas.
· Make sure the kitchen stays open until all tables have food, including dessert.
· Maintain and encourage respect between kitchen and front of house.
· Coordinate with FOH Manager to communicate 86’s, specials and end of the night checkout.
· Must inspect every plate for proper seasoning, temperature and neatness before it leaves the kitchen.
· Must organize time and manage breaks for hourly staff.
· Make sure that all staff adheres to the guidelines of their perspective jobs.
· Lead by example! You will be held to much higher standards than those of the hourly staff.
· Always be punctual, and in complete uniform when starting shift.
· Be properly groomed according to handbook standards.
· Maintain a clean uniform, have a good attitude and act professionally at all times.
· Respond immediately when asked to do something by Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
· Help clean, consolidate and organize all coolers and freezers as directed by Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
· Recipe and Costing Assistance
· Keeping the kitchen and applicable equipment in working order
· Placing service call with engineering
· Managing vendor relationships
· Spending within budget constraints
· Invoice organization and Life cycle
· Assist in Menu development
· Provide costing information
· Spearhead Ordering and inventory process.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions, preferably bilingually.
· Have prior experience in similar position for at least 1 year.
· Advanced product knowledge.
· NY State Food Handlers Certificate.
· Have advanced MS Office knowledge.
· Have organizational skills.
· Have sanitation skills.
· Command of the English/Spanish language.
· Monitoring efficiency, productivity and work flow
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
· Work with sharp objects in a safe manner.
· Will be exposed to hot and cold temperature extremes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.