The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Our mission is to create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The IT Manager is responsible for supporting and executing the company’s technology vision and strategic direction. The IT Manager serves as an expert technical resource, working with the hotel managers, operations team and IT vendors to solve complex technology-related problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide in-person computer support
- Support staff in the maintenance of hardware, software, and other systems
- Troubleshoot issues with equipment like printers, computers, and servers
- Research unusual bugs or issues the company encounters
- Provide administrative support to the IT department
- Manage inventory and maintenance needs of equipment
Qualifications and Requirements
- Take direction well and be a motivated self-starter
- Open and excited to learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Customer service-oriented and adept at techniques to best serve users and guests.
- Flexible, energetic, self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to juggle multiple responsibilities
- Sound decision-making; the calm in the storm
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success
- A proven track record in a management role with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage
- Highly motivated and proactive; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards
- Ability to develop and deliver effective training
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills; fluent in English
- You should be familiar with handling: Desktop Support, Networking (routers, switches, firewall), Windows Domain, Windows/Mac Desktops, Microsoft Office, Printers and Wi-Fi
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Rate $ 100K – 115K / Year
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now