The simple premise behind The Standard is that it is anything but. Founded in 1999, the goals of every Standard are to up the aesthetic stakes and defy convention while attending to every detail, embracing our local communities, providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for our teams, and, of course, delivering a smashing good time for our guests.
The Standard’s unique sensibility and voice combine with careful consideration of design and service to deliver experiences that define neighborhoods and create destinations renowned globally.
We believe in hospitality fueled by culture. As we take The Standard to new markets around the world, we retain and enhance our mission of creating hotels layered with personalities, collaborators, and amusements from culinary and nightlife to retail and wellness that surprise and delight our guests.
The Standard, High Line
Rising above a former elevated train line that has become downtown’s favorite public park, The Standard, High Line is in New York City’s Meatpacking District. Every one of the 338 hotel rooms features a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of Manhattan and/or the mighty Hudson River. The hotel’s inviting and scintillating public spaces include a bustling German beer garden at ground level, the rooftop discothèque Le Bain, the legendary Top of The Standard, and an outdoor public plaza with rotating art installations and activations. A neighborhood staple, The Standard Grill is classic New York blending traditional steakhouse with New American cuisine.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve and assist bar guests in a warm, sincere, accommodating and professional manner
- Serve beverage and menu items uniformly according to established standards, expectations and recipes
- Stock daily inventory taken
- Fill requisition sheet and give to manager
- Prep all fruits, garnishes, and juices and ensure its freshness
- Maintain cleanliness and design aesthetics of all areas, especially those visible to guests including: bar top, glass selves, bar back, and service bar
- Complete all side work requirements, including pre and post shift, daily, and monthly duties
- Answer specific questions about food prep using culinary terminology and about Standard drink s in an articulate and detailed manner using technical and service aspects
- Swift, efficient, and uniform service of orders per drink ticket
- Provide level of service consistent with established standards in every aspect
- Perform other duties as requested by manager
- 2+ years' experience in a NYC upscale, fast paced and high-volume restaurant or night club
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Excellent knowledge of all bar products with a focus on wine and menu products
- Excellent knowledge of POS systems
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
- Fluent in the English, write, read and speak. Bi or Multi-lingual a plus
- Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
- Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
- Able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day
- Periodical bending, kneeling, and stretching
- Able to pull, push, carry and lift at least 40 pounds of force
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Pay Rate $24/hour
- Excellent and Affordable Health care coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance
- 401k with Company match
- 160 hours of PTO / year and Company recognized holidays
- Employee Discounts on Rooms, F&B, Retail, and The Standard Marketplace
- Employee Meals, Employee Referral Program, Commuter Discounts
- Regular fun staff events and celebrations!!!
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.