Accountable for the overall success of a specific kitchen area’s daily operations by assisting Chef de Partie’s and other managers. Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of food preparation adhering to guidelines set out by the culinary management team. Strict adherence to recipes, quality and presentation standards and food preparation checklists. Ensures exemplary sanitation and food safety standards are achieved whilst minimizing food wastage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the work of kitchen personnel in their respective section.
- Prepare elegant and appropriate menu items in a specified area of food preparation.
- Ensure that the quality, taste, temperature and presentation of food prepared is in line with Standard’s production and brand standards.
- Ensure that kitchen personnel follow correct hygiene and sanitation procedures when handling food, equipment and utensils.
- Assign specific tasks to all Commis chefs and instructs them in their work duties.
- Ensure all products used are of the highest quality.
- Attend daily and monthly departmental meetings as required.
- Ensure that all equipment and perishable items are stored in the designated place and is done in the most hygienic manner.
- Ensure that a high level of food safety and hygiene standards are
- Regularly check stores and refrigerators and be responsible for the proper storing and recycling of leftovers
- Be well versed in the hotel’s fire and life safety emergency procedures
- Apply necessary precautions with regards to the hotel food safety and hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the management
Knowledge and Experience
- Secondary / High school education
- Additional certifications in culinary will be an advantage
- Minimum 1 years of relevant experience in a similar luxury hotel environment
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English and Thai language
- Hands on
- Luxury service oriented with an eye for detail
- Ability to work well in stressful and high-pressure situations
- A team player and self-starter