Work with unparalleled views on our 11th floor rooftop bar in central London!
Full time & part time opportunities available for seasonal work from April until October. Possible opportunities to transfer within hotel & restaurants thereafter.
The Standard sets the bar high this spring with the relaunch of ‘The Rooftop’, an open air rooftop bar and terraces stretching over its 11th floor, turning its views of the London skyline into the perfect backdrop for rooftop cocktails, bubbles on tap, and tacos from our street food cart!
This seasonal addition to the hotel will be open to guests and visitors throughout the summer months. The front terrace facing St Pancras commands impressive views over the station looking north and West and will be open daily (weather permitting) with a private area for hotel guest to have drinks, light food & enjoy the views. A second terrace faces south and east towards the City with panoramic views of the London skyline and can also be hired out for private events.
Since its opening in London’s thriving King’s Cross neighbourhood in July 2019 The Standard, London has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play with a collection of bars, terraces, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
Our New York rooftop bars and clubs are legendary; as a Host/Hostess at the Rooftop, you will become part of an exceptional team. Service at The Rooftop will be relaxed and casual with a focus on summer cocktails, beers and bubbles [served with an irreverent sense of fun and our typical unconventional style that is any but Standard]. A small selection of street food and tacos from our taco food cart will be served alongside drinks.
You’ll be our guests’ all important first and last point of contact meeting them on arrival and escorting them to their tables or reserved areas, on hand to deal with their queries, provide information and oversee table plans. You will of course be passionate about service, very well organised with an exceptional working knowledge of bar operations, reservations and order of service; as we expect some busy days prior experience of working in a busy bar is a must along with a good understanding of managing guest lists, table return times, and flow of guests into and out of the venue.
Finally, and most importantly, as a host, you will make our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease; adding a touch of personality and theatre to their experience.
Do you have what it takes to be a Host/Hostess for The Rooftop at Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. Prior experience as a Host/Hostess is essential for this role; you will have an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
• Prior experience as a Host/Hostess ideally gained in a similar busy bar, pub, ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or similar rooftop bar
• Happy to work outside for your entire shift [come rain or shine]
• In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
• Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
• Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
• You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and late evenings. There may also be occasions when we will be unable to open or close The Rooftop due to inclement weather and you may be asked to work in other areas of the hotel.
• The Rooftop is a seasonal venue and will operate between May and October, initial contracts will be for 6 months with the option to move into another hotel position when the venue closes in late Autumn.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Host/Hostess at The Rooftop, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities