To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
The Maitre D’ of The Standard Grill greets and welcomes guests, seats tables and maximizes selling potential of the restaurant area. This positions is responsible for providing consistent leadership and support to the host team and assist in the execution of the Front of House operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greet and welcome guests
· Walk said guests to respective table
· Supervise host/hostess team
· Ensure proper customer service is being provided by team
· Handle host/hostess team schedule
· Train new team members in Open Table system
· Ensure that the tables are set up properly
· Organize reservations on sheet and call back any messages
· Confirm reservations and effective fill reservation sheet maximizing seating potential
· Control and coordinate all tables in designated section
· Inform relevant server and busser of table reservations
· Give seated guests both food and drinks list
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
· Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, New York policies, standards, and expectations
· Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
· Ability to spend majority of the shift upright on feed
· Occasionally kneeling, sitting, crouching, and climbing
· Must be able to hear and speak clearly to communicate with guests and co-workers
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Benefits for working at The Standard:
Paid Time Off – starts accruing on the first day of work
FT Employees – Health Benefits starts on 91st day of work
Employee Perks – Friends & Family Hotel Rates
Employee Perks – 25% F&B discount
Employee Referral Program – hourly $250; MGT $500, paid after (90) days of work
Wage Works- save money on your commute
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now