The job of Security supervisor is executed satisfactorily when:
- The Hotel employees and clients are safe at all times.
- Patrol to all area looking to the hazard and prevent the incidents are occurring.
The Security Supervisor fulfils their role as a Talent Development Ambassador when:
- They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotels as per below definition* and actively support their career development.
- They personally conduct evaluate with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents’ development plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle all incoming information etc with confidentiality and forward to the concerned person.
- Take charge of the control room and monitor CCTV at all times.
- Ensure that gate passes are issued for all items/stocks that leave the hotel and each item to be logged in the register book.
- Make entries of all items received after working hours.
- Prepare hand over reports from shift to
- Ensure proper key control is followed at all times and entries are made each time a key is withdrawn or deposited.
- Monitor the different areas of the hotel on CCTV, nothing any suspicious actions.
- Knowledgeable of all security policies, procedure and set standards.
- Ensure that a security officer is present when any office is opened or stocks are taken from the stores after office hours.
- Closely monitor the hotel lobby in particular for the suspicious persons and unattached items.
- Assist the manager on duty in the event that immediate assistance is required.
- Make security rounds of the guest floors at regular intervals with notes made in security book.
- Ensure that all fire exits and corridors are free from obstruction at all times.
- Respond to any fire/smoke alarms in the hotel and be ready to act accordingly.
- Ensure that all fire-fighting equipment is in working condition and all that emergency lights are illuminated.
- Make security rounds in the car parking areas and ensure the general safety of all vehicle and if they are correctly parked.
- Assist the local authorities if any VIP arrives or in case of emergency.
- Perform all duty and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules and regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the hotel’s policy on fire, Hygiene, health and Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to him/her
- Through hands-on management, supervise closely all Security Officers in the performance of their duties in accordance with Hotel Policies & Procedures and applicable laws.
- Ensure patrol has been carried out in all public areas, restaurants, guest floors, offices, plant rooms and all other areas of the hotel, ensuring safety, security and comfort of all guests, hotel personnel. Ensure that all Security personnel look out for any suspicious loiterers or articles.
- Patrol public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
- Ensure the smooth running of all operational procedures within the department and in-relation to other departments.
- Assist in the investigation of any accidents and security incidents involving hotel guest and employees.
- Question any suspicious character in a polite manner; Refuse entry if the subject is not able to provide reasonable reply; Request for assistance immediately if the situation arises.