To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
Maximize sales revenue across group and entertainment market segments. Maintain sales activities and relationships with new and existing accounts. Represent the sales department both internally and externally in a professional manner in accordance with company standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us:
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
· 2-3 years experience in a Group Seller role and experience with entertainment segment desired;
· Hotel experience required;
· Knowledge of Opera required;
· Understanding of Group RFP process and contract negotiations;
· Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor;
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level of attention to detail;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
· Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 lb. without assistance.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Remain in stationary position for extended periods of time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Achieve weekly prospecting goals consistently;
· Meet required individual sales goals;
· Report on a monthly basis plan/goal as directed by Sales Director;
· Follow up on progress of booked business and key account performance;
· Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase sales activity, volume and profit;
· Conduct site inspections and client entertainment as required;
· Group proposals, contracts, rooming lists and at times client management;
· Manage assigned accounts as well as prospect and qualify new business;
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards;
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.