To create experiences by embracing and empowering a diverse collective of team members, collaborators, and guests, who chose to call The Standard home.
F&B Department – Storeroom Attendant (s)
Food & Beverage, Accounting, HR
Hotel guests/visitors, restaurant customers, vendors/suppliers
Qualifications and Requirements:
Throughout the hotel we actively seek to employ a unique, diverse and thoughtful group of people that are committed to delivering our unconventional brand of hospitality while also growing with us.
· They are committed to and fully comprehend the idea of being of service;
· They do not just delight guests, but excite them–by creating unique, unexpected & memorable experiences;
· They are ambitious, vibrant and social/friendly individuals;
· They genuinely embrace diversity in all forms, interested to have people from all race and gender to be their friend;
· They encourage genuine relationships with guests that enable them to not only preempt needs but foresee desires;
· They have personality and depth;
· They have a desire and unyielding appetite for learning & knowledge—being in-the-know with what is happening in the city and around the world;
· They are creative in areas like music, cinema, art, performance, fashion, design, tech and business;
· They are engaging, socially adept and solution-based individuals able to navigate the scene with confidence and ease;
· They are able to entertain guests in a compassionate, respectful and meaningful manner;
· They are authentically themselves;
· They want to play a role in constructing a kinder and better world.
· Understanding: Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions according to established procedures
· Comprehension: Fluent in the English language
· Organizational Skills: Work efficiently, utilize multi-tasking, prioritize tasks
· Hygiene and Sanitation: Adherence to uniform, grooming and personal hygiene standards and expectations per SOP’s
· Punctuality: Adherence to posted schedule and arrival time and attendance at mandatory meetings when scheduled
· Responsibility: Personal comportment in line with Standard, High Line policies, standards, and expectations
· College degree in accounting/finance or related field
· Expert in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Compute accurate mathematical calculations
· Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
· Ability to prioritize and organize
· Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and can resolve problems using good judgement
· Can follow directions thoroughly
· Work cohesively with co-workers as a part of a team
· Work with independently with minimal supervision
· Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
· Certification of previous training in computers
· 3-5 years previous working in hotel food & beverage or related industry
· Previous guest relations training
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Set up and organize work station with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
· Maintain accurate files on all work.
· Maintain knowledge of hotel room rates, packages, special programs and all pricing as it relates to F&B
· The ability to create an environment of control and economic responsibility for entire F&B operation
· Supervise, develop and maintain beverage storeroom staff
· The ability to implement required accounting policies and requirements for F&B.
· The ability to ascertain the efficient and effective utilization of the Hotel’s financial resources and to establish proper systems & controls.
· The ability to safeguard the Hotel’s F&B assets from any possible losses.
· The ability to update the books and records in an accurate and timely manner.
· The ability to comply with all statutory requirements as well as The Standard’s accounting policies & procedures.
· The ability to be accountable for the entire F&B financial operation and Controls.
· The ability to prepare budgets.
· The ability to directly supervise and be accountable for the following functions: purchasing, F&B cost control, inventory and storeroom
· The ability to work closely with operational managers to ensure maximum utilization of the company’s financial resources in accordance with the budgetary guidelines.
· The ability to direct F&B department with functional guidelines.
· The ability to advise Management of the financial impacts for various strategic plans and ad hoc projects.
· The ability to have contributory responsibility for the establishment & implementation of The Standard, High Line’s financial management and internal control standards.
· The ability to maintain and monitor financial policies.
· The ability to implement & maintain proper internal control procedures.
· The ability to assist in the creation of operational guidelines and procedures.
· The ability to compile and monitor operating budgets and capital budgets for The Standard, High Line.
· The ability to achieve maximum contributions and cooperation from F&B Department Heads with regards to cost control.
· The ability to schedule, hire and train all F&B storeroom personnel.
· The ability to conduct performance evaluations in accordance with hotel policies disciplines and makes recommendations for termination of F&B storeroom personnel.
· The ability to control all F&B costs, expenses and labor.
· The ability to schedule and conduct monthly staff meetings to maintain good communication and high moral standards within the department.
· The ability to contribute to the F&B operation’s strategic business planning.
· The ability to effectively communicate with staff and other departmental employees.
· The ability to provide effective leadership within the Department & throughout the organization.
· The ability to provide financial input for future products, projects, strategies, innovative plans and direction and monitor its progress.
· The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
· Assist with other functions as assigned by Controller, F&B Director, or DOF
Benefits for working at The Standard:
Paid Time Off – starts accruing on the first day of work
FT Employees – Health Benefits starts on 91st day of work
Employee Perks – Friends & Family Hotel Rates
Employee Perks – 25% F&B discount
Employee Referral Program – hourly $250; MGT $500, paid after (90) days of work
Wage Works- save money on your commute
Standard High Line Employer, LLC (the “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, creed, marital status, transgender status partnership status, familial status, national origin/ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, mental or physical disability or medical condition, handicap, military status, veteran’s status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a victim of sex offenses or stalking, employment status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. We endeavor to select, place, train, and promote the best qualified individuals based upon job-related factors such as ability, work quality, suitability, experience, and potential.Apply Now