Director, Business Development (Asia Pacific and Middle East)
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Development Middle East & Asia-Pacific based in Bangkok office, the incumbent will support the development effort by both assisting the Development Team and other Department Heads as well as undertaking self-initiated efforts to source and negotiate suitable properties to become part of the Standard family which comprises of The Standard Hotels, The Peri Hotels and Bunkhouse brands. On an individual project basis, significant direction and liaison will exist with the team across all departments to secure new hotel projects for the company. This position will also focus on development marketing such as conferences and other like activities.
As Director, Business Development, you will be required to both lead and assist in providing instrumental support in development deal administration/management to optimize the efficiency and productivity of the Development Team (i.e., Managers, Directors, VP's, SVP's) in the pursuit of the strategic objective of the Company to "expand our global footprint" in the development of hotels that carry our brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead Generation & Development
- Identify and negotiate hotel management contracts for new development projects and reflagging of existing properties;
- Cultivate effective business network and alliances to facilitate lead flow on new business opportunities;
- Directors are to establish and maintain productive, quality working relationships with industry consultants and competitors with a view to effectively obtain up to date market intelligence (in line with company policy) to be used as support and guidance in the compilation of Deal Assessments and Development Strategy.
- Directors are to keep abreast of quality industry publications and other key information sources in order to remain educated on the latest market trends, risks and opportunities.
· Lead Origination: Directors actively work to generate quality project leads, through all available sources, which conform to the agreed development strategy, brand strategies and technical standards. The Director will be expected to be a self-starter and naturally inquisitive in seeking opportunities to grow our brand presence in APAC.
- Lead and Assist development effort by researching market with the intention of generating leads:
· Lead Analysis & Evaluation: Directors work effectively with the Development Team and external parties to provide efficient and accurate assessment of project leads/opportunities, in order to achieve an early consensus on the projects' inherent risks and opportunities. The Director then works effectively with the Development Team to filter opportunities and establish the appropriate prioritization and allocation of projects. This aspect of the job will require field work and hence travel.
- Follow up with potential new properties as required.
- Lead Analysis & Evaluation: Directors work effectively with the Development Team and external parties to provide efficient and accurate assessment of project leads/opportunities, in order to achieve an early consensus on the projects' inherent risks and opportunities. The Director then works effectively with the Development Team to filter opportunities and establish the appropriate prioritization and allocation of projects. This aspect of the job will require field work and hence travel.
- The Director will be required to make certain that a complete and structured Due Diligence process is thoroughly conducted for all potential parties that Standard International proposes to contract with. This process is to be conducted in line with the company's strict Due Diligence guidelines.
- Lead and Assist in the coordination of marketing activities i.e. influencer forums, investor conferences, seminars, etc.
- Lead and Assist with all necessary initiatives to establish our brand image and strong customer recognition for our two hotel brands.
- Lead and Assist development effort administratively, particularly in the preparation of models, presentations, contracts and collateral.
- Directors will be responsible for drafting a variety of proposals and presentations for the Development Team that are targeted to a wide range of both internal and external audiences. Once the objectives for each proposal or presentation have been set there will be an expectation that the Director will then manage all aspects of research, compilation, preparation and on time delivery of the final product of a high professional quality.
- Working with the Brand organization and the Marketing Team, Directors are actively engaged in the conceptualization, design and production of a wide variety of Development Marketing aids & collaterals that are used for Development purposes.
Management Support and Reporting
- Assist with the preparation of the annual business plan & budget and monthly business reports
- Assist technical services team as required
- Maintain Monthly Project Status report
- Involve in other activities that support the development activities of the Group
To successfully fill this role as a Director, Business Development, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
· A University Degree in Finance, Commerce, Marketing, Hospitality Management or related discipline.
· A result orientated mind-set as we believe in substance over form.
· An ability to work in a non-routine, fluid and at times chaotic environment whilst making sure the work is delivered to the highest professional standards.
· Contribute to the wider team culture with a sense of fun, creativity and innovation.
· A willingness travel for work purposes on an as needed basis.
· Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Financial modelling skills including feasibility studies and underwriting of hotel assets.
· Strong communication, sales capabilities & interpersonal skills with the ability to use these across different management levels.
· Strong initiative with the ability to anticipate, and not simply react to business needs.
· Ability to manage a range of competing priorities and demands through strong time management skills.
· Fluent language skills (reading, writing and speaking). English is a must, a second language is highly recommended, Thai is optional.Apply Now