The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the marketing department and working with the General Manager and the Director of Sales at The Standard, Maldives. This position is also responsible for overseeing the various aspects of strategic marketing, event planning, content, influencer, liaising with rooms, F&B, and Spa as well as handling creative promotions and managing all social media outlets for the property.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Event - lead coordination for Marketing, F&B, Spa and Sales initiatives, handling pre-event planning, proposals, resumes, BEO, contracts, and event management logistics.
- Digital - manage digital creative recommendations, messaging, and reporting for property in collaboration with corporate marketing team.
- Content - work with corporate marketing team to oversee property photoshoots with content creators, photographers, influencers, and wholesale partners, increasing frequency to showcase full offering and help drive revenue growth.
- Public Relations – work as a liaison with public relations agency, corporate comms and marketing teams to create briefs, gather materials and assets, and plan logistics for FAM trips.
- Social Media – ensure website, Google My Business, online blogs, and social accounts are updated daily with new content, event details, and promotions.
- Influencer - manage incoming and proactive influencer and content creator partnerships for any on-island hosting or shoots.
- Emails - liaise with corporate team putting together and overseeing email and newsletter briefs to help promote specials, offerings, and events.
- Specials & Promotions - work with revenue team and corporate marketing to create, review, optimize special packages to improve market share and increase revenue for Rooms, SPA and F&B.
- Partnerships – help cultivate and build contact list of interesting and on-brand partners to enhance our event/activation/program offering and enhance awareness in key markets through fun and effective programs.
- Collateral – assist in the creative process of company collateral, monitoring corporate approval process for all collateral design.
- Brand - Maintain company standards throughout all marketing procedures, programs, and campaigns.
- Training - ensure all employees receive proper training in basics of company standards, brand, image, tone, and outlook.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- College degree
- Experience in sales & marketing
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally
- Solid computer skills
- Understanding of Google Analytics and Facebook/Instagram Analytics
- Ability to take market trends and translate into action
- Experience in planning marketing
strategies, advertising campaigns and successful PR efforts
- To participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Be a clear
thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
- Provide clear directions
- Understand guest’s service needs
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Understand market segmentation, yield and inventory management