Job Purpose:This position is responsible for all administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel and entire facility as they directly relate to the Engineering department. This includes, but is not limited to, the proper operation, maintenance and repair of all heating, ventilation, refrigeration and mechanical equipment. Develop, coordinate and monitor a room maintenance program to ensure the safety and comfort of all employees and guests. Responsible for scheduling, interviewing, hiring, training and discipline of all department employees. Supervise, train, coach and manage all department employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and adhere to annual budget for department, financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit / loss review meetings.
- Communicate with senior leaders and department heads regarding specific condition(s) of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment as needed.
- Ensure room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner, including record keeping, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Implement and sustain all Engineering SOP's including a property wide preventative maintenance program. Ensure the employees are properly trained.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of all parts, supplies tools and equipment.
- Manage all equipment contracts and warranties.
- Coordinate the maintenance repair and installation of carpentry work on property.
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment. Ensure that the property is maintained to Company standards.
- Hire, train, supervise Engineering employees. Conduct employee performance reviews and discipline as required.
- Monitor employee’s performance in all phases of job functions ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with training / discipline as needed.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Enforce safety regulations prescribed by the Company and local regulations.
- Assist as necessary with special projects, including renovations.
- Ensure the proper operation, maintenance and repair of:
- Heaters, pumps, valves and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
- Refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves as well as all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperatures.
- Air compressors along distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Natural and manufactured gas and distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks and toilet bowls, as well as supply lines and water lines.
- All types of motors or engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
- All types of locks, keys and locksmith related duties.
- All electrical work and repairs.
- Complete any other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 4-year College Degree from an accredited university.
- At least 5+ years training as an Engineer.
- At least 3+ years of facilities management in a hotel or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English. Able to provide legible communication and directions in English.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and working relationships with the Executive Committee, employees and other departments.