Check in spa guest/members courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established spa requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guest/members and visitors.
Spa front desk, office involves working:
Under variable conditions
Under variable noise levels
Outdoors & Indoors
Around fumes and/or odor hazards
Around dust and/or mite hazards
Internal: Staff in Spa, Gym, Pool, Food and Beverage, PBX, Reservations, Front Desk, Laundry, Housekeeping, Accounting and Engineering.
External: Hotel guest/members/visitors, vendors.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Compute basic arithmetic.
3. Fluency in English both verbally and non verbally.
4. Provide legible communication and directions.
5. Ability to:
Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
Prioritize and organize.
Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
Follow directions thoroughly.
Understand guest/member's service needs.
Work cohesively with co workers as part of a team.
Work with minimal supervision.
Maintain confidentiality of guest/member information and pertinent resort data.
6. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
1. Some college or training in Hospitality Industry.
2. Previous experience as Front Desk Agent.
3. Previous cashiering experience.
4. Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
5. Ability to suggestively sell,
6. Certification in CPR.
7. Previous guest/member relations training.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting supplies (30 pounds) to areas within the resort and spa.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. Reach 4 feet.
4. Remain in a standing and stationary position for 3 hours throughout work shift.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guest/members, management and co workers to their understanding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guest/members' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guest/members, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest/member relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest/member complaints, ensuring guest/member satisfaction.
6. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
7. Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: a) All spa/resort features/services, hours of operation. b) All rates, special packages and promotions. c) Availability status for any given day. d) Scheduled daily group activities. e) Products/merchandise
8. Open Spa for business. Follow Spa opening procedures.
9. Set up and maintain reception desk.
10. Access all functions and maintain security of computer/point of sale system.
11. Review and maintain any log books.
12. Maintain locker key inventory and log.
13. Greet guest/members at entrance.
14. Make appointments.
15. Confirm treatment availability.
16. Enter guest/member reservation into the system.
17. Advise of cancellation policy.
18. Update notes and guest/member history in computer system.
19. Set up and monitor music.
20. Inspect Spa and its environment.
21. Set up and maintain tea, fruit or promotional displays.
22. Recognize any area of the spa in need of a work order or other maintenance attention.
23. Maintain relaxation and bathing areas lounge.
24. Ensure that lockers are stocked.
25. Maintain towel/linen, sandal and robe supply.
26. Assist in the maintenance of locker rooms, restrooms and shower areas when necessary.
27. Assist Therapists as needed.
28. Sweep and mop floors when necessary.
29. Empty trash containers.
30. Check treatment room storage.
31. Handle lost and found items.
32. Break down tea, fruit or promotional displays.
33. Schedule group spa treatments.
34. Mail, fax and e-mail spa information.
35. Know products/merchandise, facilities, and spa treatments.
36. Sell merchandise.
37. Follow loss prevention procedures.
38. Stock and recover merchandise.
39. Process merchandise returns.
40. Unpack and inventory new shipments when needed.
41. Price merchandise prior to placing on the floor.
42. Display and arrange merchandise.
43. Process damaged or soiled merchandise.
44. Process mail, phone, and e-mail orders.
45. Ship guest/member purchases.
46. Change reservations when they occur.
47. Monitor employee spa use.
48. Handle guest/member special requests.
49. Process cancellations & no shows.
50. Process medical releases and intake forms as needed.
51. Process payment as cash, room charge, or credit card, check, travelers check, comp, employee discount, department charge
52. Follow closing procedures.
53. Prepare closing reports.
54. Check out with Manager on Duty, Spa Manager or Director.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist in other Spa areas as assigned.
2. Provide guest/member spa tours.
3. Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Supervisor or Director.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guest/members. A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.Apply Now