The Standard International Senior Business Development Analyst is an exciting role encompassing work in the Americas across Standard International’s three main brands: the Standard hotels, Peri Hotels and Bunkhouse hotels. This position will support the US and LatAm development teams with the analysis and research needed to continue the growth of the Standard, Bunkhouse and Peri brands in those regions as well as existing property financial support and analyses when necessary. This role is critical to ensuring the development teams can focus on maintaining a strong development pipeline, as well as supporting the execution of hotel acquisitions and development deals in a fast-paced/changing environment. This position will provide instrumental support to optimize the efficiency and productivity of the development teams in the pursuit of the strategic objective of the Company to expand our global footprint.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial underwritings of new projects by completing detailed pro forma and return analyses.
- Complete market diligence to inform financial models including competitive analyses, supply and demand studies, overview of recent sales transactions, program studies of proximate competitive properties, etc.
- Gather operating data and research industry trends.
- Liaise with internal teams (corporate and on-property) as well as external associates and clients.
- Communicate with the design teams to help formulate draft building programs and draft project budgets.
- Assist development teams administratively, particularly in the preparation of models, presentations, internal and external decks, and collateral.
- Work collaboratively with Standard’s Design Development and Operations teams.
- Understand and embody The Standard, Bunkhouse and Peri hotel brands.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Help arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 3+ years hospitality experience in Feasibility, Valuations, Operations Analysis, asset Management or Development-related roles.
- Preferred: 1+ year hotel feasibility/underwriting experience.
- Required: BA or BS in Hospitality, Real Estate, Finance, Economics.
- Required: strong Excel modeling skills, PowerPoint/Word.
- Required to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Act with integrity & confidence and maintain strict confidentiality of all colleague and company information.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.