The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for developing designs under the guidance of the Art Director. A key support role, the Jr. Graphic Designer will collaborate across departments to create integrated marketing and brand-based graphic design and artwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and maintain the core branding assets, initiatives and system around the brand and properties comprehensively.
- Work in collaboration with Marketing Directors, Managers, Producers and Art Director, to interpret and develop project directions.
- Participate in Department meetings as required.
- Liaising with Art Director and internal stakeholders to discuss and understand briefs.
- Developing concepts to suit the department’s needs and budget and timeframe.
- Contributing innovative ideas and designs to briefs/requests.
- Working with a wide range of media to produce artwork.
- Making sure work is proofread to ensure high quality work.
- Ensuring you are up to date with design trends and tools.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Translate ideas into concepts for a non-technical audience.
- Work on several different projects and have excellent time management skills to switch from one to the other without missing a deadline.
- Follows direction and tasks assigned by Art Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design, at least 1 year in digital design.
- Previous experience working in a digital, agency, advertising or design environment.
- Presentation experience.
- Must have an understanding and both print and digital production design, as well as file management.
- A strong sense of typography and graphic design.
- An execution-driven creative who can communicate well across departments.
- Proficient in Adobe CC – Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects or Premiere—ability to work within a template.
- IT skills (Microsoft Office and PPT).
- Drawing and illustration skills are a plus.
- The ability to work with others effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Pragmatic approach, able to multitask.