This position is responsible for overseeing Payroll, Benefits, Systems, and Compliance between Finance and Human Resources Departments. Supporting with projects and additional tasks as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for SIMpayroll email inbox.
- Process SIM payroll biweekly; all payroll related activity.
- Manage vacation accruals.
- Process Payroll Journal for SIM and Bunkhouse corporate.
- Process time off requests.
- Support Employee requests for updating information in payroll system.
- Sends Payroll Preview to VP, Corporate Finance and VP, People.
- Process garnishments and other payroll deductions.
- Process and file Wage Rate Forms.
- Support properties & Bunkhouse with payroll as needed.
- Develop and maintain Payroll SOPs + communication with properties.
- Reporting for Finance department.
- Oversee templates for daily reporting.
- Process 1095C and W2’s for SIM, Bunkhouse and NYC properties.
- Submit TX payroll reports and data to TXWFC quarterly.
- Participate in year-end audits (payroll and 401k statutory filings).
- Responsible for Benefit Administration for SIM.
- Communicate Benefit Eligibility and enroll Employees.
- Manage Open Enrollment process with VP, Corporate Finance and VP, People.
- Support properties with biannual ACA audits and compliance.
- ACA reporting.
- Audit and process monthly invoices for SIM, Bunkhouse and NYC properties.
- Conduct annual employee wage and benefits survey for SIM and properties.
- Annual reporting and censuses, Liaison to Brokers.
- Process and submit Symetra invoices.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation benefits, annual reporting, and invoices.
- Issue certificates as required.
- Responsible for maintenance of UltiPro and Unifocus, other benefit systems/portals.
- Responsible for administration and maintenance training on the systems.
- Managing access to all payroll and benefits related systems.
- Identifying opportunities to improve existing systems and/or implementation new ones.
- Overseeing file feeds, making corrections as needed.
- Supporting properties with any needs and troubleshooting issues.
- Participate in departmental projects and activities such bonus meetings, budget meetings, wage reviews, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- 2+ years’ related experience in HR and/or Payroll for multiple entities/units.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer proficient: strong understanding of Finance and HR systems. UlitPro and Unifocus preferred.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.