This position is responsible for overseeing the reception desk duties and managing various aspect of the office including but not limit to maintaining conference room schedules, coordinating maintenance and cleaners, maintaining stocks and inventory of office supplies, F&B needs, office communications, events and deliveries. Additional tasks as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present in office Monday through Thursday weekly promptly at 9am- 5:30pm (with exception of holidays, office closures, etc.).
- Covering Desk / phone and maintaining Lobby Presence.
- Answering phone and communicating approved company messaging when required.
- Alerting employees via email of any message left for them via main phone line.
- Deliveries- being present to accept, confirm + sign, and distributing.
- Coordinating out going packages and messenger/courier service, preparing FedEx labels/ packages.
- Organize and distribute mail daily, alert employees who are offsite of mail they have received.
- Greeting and identifying all visitors, ensuring no one enters office who is not scheduled to be there.
- Providing any necessary information to SIM employees upon arrival.
Office Meeting Rooms (Coordination / Scheduling / Maintenance)
- Ownership of SIM Meetings Calendar- keeping track of all conference room reservations, availability, etc. accepting requests and confirming spaces based on prioritization of meeting importance, needs of employees, and room capacity.
- Ensuring meeting rooms are clean and fully stocked at all times.
- Preparation for external meetings (setting waters, coffee, etc. prior to meetings, taking coffee orders if applicable for VIP guests) and removal of items following meetings to restore room.
- Ordering and overseeing delivery and set up of any meeting related refreshments/ food/ supplies.
- Consulting with Cleaning Crew on regular basis, taking ownership of scheduling onboarding, discussing needs, serve as line of communication to and from cleaners.
- Overseeing performance of cleaning staff- collecting and communicating any complaints or concerns from employees.
- Communicating on cleaning supplies and equipment, obtaining approval, ordering, overseeing installation (if applicable).
- Oversee continued maintenance of printers, kitchen appliances, electronics, office plants, etc.
- Coordinating, obtaining approval, and scheduling any repair work- (engineering, plumbing, air conditioning, extermination etc.) as needed.
- Identify need for repairs / maintenance through continued observation/ communication with employees.
- Assist with any office / desk
moves, office renovation preparation, etc., consult on seating chart changes,
work with IT and HR regarding office preparation for employee onboarding.
- Ensure office spaces (closets,
cabinets, supply room and storage room) are maintained in clean and organized
fashion at all times.
- Act as a resource to cleaners /
maintenance/ employees regarding location, supply, and access to all items and
- Ownership of cleaning and office supplies - taking inventory, assessing needs, communicating with employees and cleaning crew, obtaining approval, ordering, expensing, stocking supplies and paper goods, etc. on weekly/ monthly basis as needed.
- Overseeing performance of cleaning staff, collecting and communicating any complaints or concerns from employees.
Office Food / Beverage
- Sourcing, obtaining approval, ordering, overseeing delivery, stocking.
- Ensuring fridge remains stocked with beverages, snacks, etc., replenishing as needed.
- Ordering and expensing meals for meetings, office gatherings, events, etc.
- Take leadership role in all events including Summer and Holiday party, play integral role in planning, scheduling, menu/ordering, gifting, budgeting - etc.
- Work with HR to communicate with employees regarding event, oversee RSVPs, etc.
- Communicate with outside vendors to (Shred It, Blue Bottle Beverage Ordering, Printer/ Ice Machine/ Water Machine maintenance) in addition to scheduling and overseeing maintenance
- Communicate with landlord/ super of building as needed
- Communicate with SIM Employees- work with HR to serve as resource for information on office (updates, alerts, etc.), scheduling (knowing who is present, what meetings are being held and why) events, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- 2+ years’ Administrative experience in a related role and/or as an Executive Assistant.
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both written and verbal. Multilingual Preferred.
- Computer proficient.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written in English. Bilingual / Multilingual preferred.
- Sound decision making; the calm in the storm.
- Act with integrity & confidence; our reputation is paramount to our success.
- Ability to manage changing priorities effectively.
- Proven leadership that helps the company achieve its overall performance and profit goals and inspires and motivates the team.
- Highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and holidays.