What you will be doing
The Rooms Coordinator is responsible for booking of all hotel and Spa reservations via telephone, facsimile, mail, GDS, and Internet, effectively maximize occupancy and revenue. Cross-trained in PBX duties. Ability to speak in a pleasant professional, and understandable manner on the phone and in person. Proficiency in the English language, including: written, verbal, reading, spelling and grammar.
Able to successfully work independently and as part of a team.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Above average communication skills including, the ability to answer the telephone professionally and courteously, including transferring, routing misdirected calls and taking messages.
- Maintain effective communications with travel industry professionals.
- The ability to properly inform the staff in all departments of pertinent information, arrivals and departures (including groups), special requests for the day, pass on accurate and appropriate information to the next shift.
- Enhanced knowledge of the property, including accommodations, amenities, restaurants and outlets, hours of operation, special activities and rates, and key personnel, and the ability to relay this information to guests at any time.
- As well as the ability to up-sell spa services, and recommend other services based on the client’s needs and requests.
- Support and promote all hotel and company programs, policies and procedures. Respond properly in an emergency or safety situation involving the Hotel and its guests.
- Committed to maintaining superior standards of quality, service and cleanliness in the Reservations office.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance.