The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
The Standard, London has 266 rooms in 42 unique styles ranging from Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking St Pancras station. The lobby lounge, with a carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, with a Sounds studio hosting weekly live music and talks. Our street facing bar, Double Standard, offers lunch, happy-hour and casual drinking and dining, while his garden restaurant, Isla, features a seasonally-driven, coastal inspired menu. Board the street level, exterior red lift directly to the 10th-floor to Decimo where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live fire cooking and the building’s 360-degree views of London.
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as a Security Officer to support our Nightlife Venues on a Casual Basis.
As a Security Officer at The Standard, London, you will join a team focussed on ensuring the safety and security of all guest, personnel and property. Working as part of a larger security team, you will demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach in order to ensure that all of our front and back of house areas are safeguarded against fire, theft or other safety hazards.
As a Security Officer you respond with a sense of urgency to any and all emergency situations in a calm and professional manor. Your will undertake a range of security patrols around the premises, manage entry and dispersal on one of our doors; and be required to deal with various safety incidents involving guests, contractors or staff and act as liaisons with local law-enforcement, food safety and fire department agencies. You will be passionate about delivering a quality Security service with a meticulous eye for detail, maintaining your team’s standards through coaching and training in order to achieve the highest levels of service and presentation.
Above all you become part of a professional and highly trained Safety & Security team that is anything but standard and ensures safety is at the forefront of everybody’s minds!
Do you have what it takes to be a Security Officer at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent. While prior experience as a Security Officer is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires.
In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record as a Security Officer or Door Supervisor, ideally gained in a bar, restaurant, nightclub or night life environment
- Door management experience at a busy venue would be advantageous as this role will be supporting our nightlife areas
- A flexible approach to work hours, as you will largely work in line with the operational hours of our late night bars and restaurants combined with some occasional day shifts on a CASUAL BASIS
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Experience across a range of management disciplines, in particular Fire, Health & Safety and Food safety
- Experience of managing and coordinating complex emergency situations
- The ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service and safety standards across your team
- All candidates should hold a Door Supervisor SIA Licence
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Security Officer, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £500
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities