The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe.
Housed in the former Camden Town Hall Annex in London’s thriving King’s Cross neighbourhood, the 1974 Brutalist building has been meticulously restored and sets the perfect stage for The Standard’s first hotel outside America. The Standard, London has 266 rooms ranging from our snug Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking the dramatic St Pancras station. On the ground floor, you'll find Double Standard, our street-facing bar and restaurant home of our legendary burger, Aperol Spritz slushy and our Bottomless Sunday Brunch. (Don't forget to book!) Next door is The Library Lounge, where our carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, and, our Sounds Studio, home of our virtual culture hub, Sometimes Radio. Our 10th-floor restaurant, Decimo is back, where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live-fire cooking surrounded by 360-degree views of London - only accessible by our iconic exterior red pill lift.
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as a Night Room Service Waiter.
With several bars, restaurants and roof terraces located in the hotel we want to want to give our guests the option to enjoy all of the fine food and great cuisines from the comfort and privacy of their own room. As a Night Room Service Waiter at The Standard, London, you will be part of a team that will make this happen and while have overall responsibility for the full service of our Night Menu for guests wishing to dine in their rooms between 10pm and 7am which we are now reintroducing to hotel. In addition to overseeing our night service, you will also undertake mise-en-place for the breakfast team and support them with our early breakfast service.
This is a stand-alone position overnight so you will need to be incredibly organised and confident working by yourself. Working under the pressure that could occur is not a problem for you as you are more than capable to make sure all request and orders get handled within a timely manner and most of all each one meets the standards of our guest experience.
Do you have what it takes to be a Night Room Service Waiter at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Night Room Service Waiter is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Night Room Service Waiter or Waiter with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Happy to work alone overnight between 10pm and 7am (initially this will be 4 nights per week depending on our occupancy but will increase to 5 nights).
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries
- Confidence in room service operations and the order of service
- To be highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Night Room Service Waiter, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1000
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities
- Bike 2 Work scheme