The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Training Manager who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos across all aspects of learning and development delivery for our team.
As a Training Manager at The Standard, London you will work as part of a wider HR team and partner with our Divisional Trainers within Rooms and F&B to provide a progressive and tailored Training sessions to over 300 employees; from the initial learning needs analysis to the design and delivery of a range in house programmes that meet both the needs of the business and development of the team.
As a passionate, innovative trainer you will be equally comfortable delivering a range of training programmes to both employees and senior managers; either within a group session or 1-1 basis. You will also oversee and manage our apprentice programmes, aligning these courses to wider personal development and succession plans.
As an important Brand guardian within the business you will support, train and coach department managers and trainers to create and deliver tailored development programmes for their teams; from basic skills and procedures training, service training and product knowledge; with an overarching responsibility to ensure that all materials and sessions align to our company culture, brand and values to embed the DNA that is uniquely Standard.
A key focus of this role will be to continue to build and maintain our learning resources library [producing fact sheets, guides and SOPs] held on our LMS.
Our HR team ensure we continually engage with our employees to inspire them and deliver a truly bespoke Training experience, that is anything but Standard! so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and can relate to both employees and senior managers with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Training Manager at The Standard, London
You will need to have a serious passion for learning, development and culture, be highly social, upbeat and friendly, confident and able to handle pressure well, have a good technical understanding across all aspects of training delivery, thrive in a high-volume, high energy environment and be able to work equally well both independently and as part of a team.
In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Training Manager or Officer within a similar Lifestyle hotel with a background in the wider hospitality industry. candidates with a background in similar culture-based industries such as music, arts, fashion, entertainment are also particularly welcome.
- Have previously designed, implemented and delivered a range of training programmes and materials to meet training needs [group based, on the job & e-learning].
- Have managed or overseen individual development and progression plans within wider succession plans in addition to apprenticeship programmes.
- Have a background in Food & Beverage or Rooms [with good understanding of the guest journey / order of service].
- Prior experience of e-learning and managing a LMS [Flow].
- Excellent IT skills across all office applications
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Finally, as a trainer you have a natural affinity for people and add a sprinkle of magic to your training sessions; making even the most mundane topic vivid, dynamic and engaging.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Training Manager, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform & on-site laundry service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme, Apprenticships & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities