Calling all Late Night ‘Nightlife Aficionados’
Late-Night Lounge Manager · Circa £37K per year · Late Night Venue open until 2:00am
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5-page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Late-Night Lounge Manager who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos from early evening until close in our Library Lounge.
Our bars and clubs are legendary across the world; as our Late-Night Lounge Manager for The Library Lounge you will oversee the evening and late-night service delivery of food and drink through until close. You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of lounge operations and the order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality wines, craft beers and spirts in order to guide and make recommendations to guests based on their preferences.
The feel of the lounge is cosy, intimate, and casual with a focus on cocktails (including some very special high balls), beers and wines, plus smaller bites and anytime-dishes taken from across Isla and Double Standard’s own menus. Amongst the lush greenery and book cases is also our Sounds Studio where you may find a podcast being recorded or a DJ hitting the decks until the early hours. Our culture team will also coordinate a range events and programming with regular events and entertainment taking place in the lounge; including DJs, live music, speakers, and other social events ‘including our ever-popular chess night with a difference’.
With this in mind, we are actively seeking a team that has connections with the music, arts and entertainment industries as you and your team will add a final touch of personality and theatre to our overall guest experience, to create an ultimate late-night destination in London, that is anything but Standard!
In addition to overseeing your team and service delivery there are a number of additional management duties you will undertake including staff recruitment, training, scheduling, payroll and implementing Health & Safety policies and practices within the outlet. Finally, and most importantly, you will be our host, putting our guests at ease whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high-volume, high-energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be our Late-Night Lounge Manager at The Standard
Prior experience as a Late-Night Lounge Manager gained within a similar Club, Late Night Bar/Lounge or Hospitality environment is essential for this role however we welcome applications from all backgrounds; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- We are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries
- Be a confident mixologist with a proven knowledge of spirits, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the latest trends in the London bar/Lounge scene.
- Experience across a range of management disciplines.
- Highly social, motivated, and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given.
- Hold a Personal Licence along with any relevant qualifications such as WSET.
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including late nights as the Library Lounge operates a late-night licence through until 2:00am most nights.
If you think you have what it takes to be our Late-Night Lounge Manager in the Library Lounge, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Tronc Scheme
- Late Night Taxi Allowance (2:00am closes)
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities