We're looking for you London!
Grill Chef · Full Time - 4 Days Week - 45 Hours per week [Tuesday - Saturday with fixed days off - Sunday & Monday + 1 other day] · Temporary accommodation available if relocating to London
Recently voted as one of London's Top 100 Restaurants; Michelin-starred Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias merges the Spanish cuisine of his family with his love of Mexico for his debut London restaurant, Decimo. Expect lots of flavour- aquachile (Mexican ceviche), suckling pig shoulder, vegan paella and a new take on tacos with a dramatically different tortilla. Situated on the 10th floor of The Standard, London, Decimo features two separate bar areas, main restaurant which showcases live fire cooking and two semi private dining spaces; with floor-to-ceiling windows and roof terraces providing dramatic views across the London skyline.
We are now looking to grow our Decimo Kitchen team and are seeking diverse and dynamic individuals that are anything but standard! who will capture the very essence of this new London destination to join our team as a Grill Chef.
As a Grill Chef in Decimo you will become part of an exceptional culinary team within this new rooftop destination restaurant. You will of course be passionate about cooking, with an exceptional working knowledge of kitchen operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food and proven knowledge of production and cooking techniques. Prior experience of preparing Spanish or Mexican cuisine is a bonus!
Finally, your extensive knowledge of the latest food trends and London restaurant scene will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate culinary experience in this open kitchen with live fire cooking, that is anything but Standard!
At the heart of our hotels are of course our people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of kitchen operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food and wine.
Do you have what it takes to be a Grill Chef in Decimo at The Standard, London
Prior experience as a Grill Chef or Chef De Partie is essential for this role, however your flare and individuality is the most important asset. While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging and you too will add a touch of your own personality and theatre to our guest experience while at the Standard.
With this in mind you will need to be upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy kitchen environment and can manage multiple tasks with ease. In addition to this you will also need…
- Minimum of 1 Years Prior experience as a Grill Chef or Chef De Partie with experience in a similar high end Spanish or Mexican restaurant or similar, ideally combined with experience in a ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Have previously worked in a busy high volume kitchen
- Be fully confident in all Kitchen operations, techniques and order of service
- Highly motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- A relevant culinary qualification to a minimum of level 2 professional cookery and food hygiene certificate is required for these roles
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and late nights.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Grill Chef within Decimo, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Set working days and days off
- Generous Tronc Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniform & on-site laundry service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme, Apprenticships & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities