The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a F&B Marketing Manager who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos through the provision of a dedicated marketing service for our F&B division.
With 6 expansive F&B outlets at The Standard, plus Event spaces and 24 hour In Room Dining, you can imagine this is an incredibly exciting and versatile role. The F&B Marketing Manager will oversee and implement all marketing activities for all F&B outlets at The Standard, London hotel; from planning, concepting, arranging photo shoots and visual assets; to producing outstanding campaigns and content to promote key F&B programming moments throughout the year, from simple offers and promotions to innovative F&B activations. This role is the main point of contact for all venue communications (flyers, signs, eblast etc.) and will work in parallel with the in-house design team, respective department and the corporate office
Naturally, you will work very closely with our F&B management team to create new [and nurture] existing F&B Partners and explore new F&B collaborations and partnerships. You’ll also Manage all Media/PR requests for F&B outlets and work directly with our PR agency to ensure all daily property initiatives are communicated. Maintaining a strong digital and social presence for all our venues and Chefs is a key aspect of this role, which will see you acting as the community manager and planner for key social channels to ensure posts and updates are made regularly; and that comments or messages are responded to the in Standard-tone-of-voice.
The ideal candidate will also have a solid commercial understanding to produce monthly reports to analyse the success and ROI of individual campaigns and initiatives. It goes without saying you will be a true London foodie, obsessed with F&B in all its forms and an avid follower of the industry on social and in press. This position reports directly to the Marketing Director on property, while working closely with the Music & Culture Director, Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator, and with our dedicated PR agencies. A number of our venues operate late into the early hours of the morning and there may be occasions which will require you to host and support key Marketing/PR events.
Do you have what it takes to be our F&B Marketing Manager at The Standard, London
This role requires dedication and stamina and previous experience in a similar F&B Marketing role is essential. You will need to have a serious passion for Food & Drink, be highly social, upbeat and friendly, confident and able to handle pressure well. Your solid technical understanding across all aspects of Marketing and promoting food & drink operations will support our wider F&B team, so you will need to be able to thrive in a high-volume, high energy environment and be able to work equally well both independently and as part of a team.
In addition to this you will also need….
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience ideally as an F&B Marketing Manager in a similar multi-outlet hotel, Nightlife venue, Members club or Restaurant company
- Candidates must have a strong and up to date knowledge of the London restaurant scene.
- Be a Creative thinker with the ability to develop and deliver engaging marketing campaigns and ideas whilst being savvy with your resources and a creative problem solver.
- Clear, confident writing skills and the ability to create copy for a number of uses
- Experience and keen interest in social media and digital platforms for marketing usage
- Ability to juggle priorities in a fast paced and changing environment
- You're not afraid of the hustle. We are a small team, so for the most part, it's an all-hands-on-deck environment. Success at The Standard means rolling up your sleeves and embracing what comes your way with so enthusiasm is mandatory, and while you need to be self-motivated you are also a team player.
- You are super organized, an amazing planner and able to manage lots of projects at once while seamlessly handling inbound requests from colleagues and leaders.
Iif you think you have what it takes to be our F&B Marketing Manager, then we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Flexible working environment
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with awesome monthly social activity calendar
- Dog friendly offices