The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Cocktail Bartender who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos!
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking to cast a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our Sweeties team as a Cocktail Bartender.
As a Cocktail Bartender at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive drinks service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces within the hotel. Your exceptional knowledge of the latest trends in the London bar scene will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of bar operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of cocktails. Sweeties is our cocktail bar, discotheque and late-night lounge bringing innovative drinks and glorious misbehaviour to the top of The Standard, London. Think feel-good sips and trippy-coloured cocktails surrounded by floor-to-ceiling views and a good time soundtrack from our ever-evolving DJ line-up. Cocktails in Sweeties have been crafted with feel-good ingredients and mood-enhancing mixes for an innovative cocktail list like no other.
Do you have what it takes to be a Cocktail Bartender at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Bartender with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or similar busy city bar
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries
- To be a confident mixologist with a proven knowledge of spirits, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the latest trends in the London bar scene
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous, however full training will be given
- To be highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts starting at 10pm, including weekends and late nights as a number of our bars will operate late night licences
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Cocktail Bartender, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities