Calling all Late Night ‘Nightlife Aficionados’
Assistant Cocktail Bar Manager · £40,000 per year · Tues - Saturday · Late Night Venue open until 3:00am
The Standard is one of the most culturally engaged hotels in the world. Hotels with real cultural life, an inclusive spirit and true creative attitude. A destination layered with events and amusements that leaves you with an uplifted feeling...
At the cultural heart-beat of The Standard are our team who bring to life our spaces, engage with our guests and vibrate social energy, day and night across our numerous bars, restaurants, event and guest spaces. Here at The Standard, we take a slightly different approach to our people and look far and wide for individuals that bring a unique perspective with them to our team (not a 5 page CV). We do not ask you to conform, read from a script or follow the rules (ok sometimes there are rules) but not when it comes down to you being able to express yourself or celebrate your individuality.
We are defined by our richness of personality, diversity of background and lifestyle and are now looking for a Assistant Cocktail Bar Manager who will embody our ‘Anything but Standard’ ethos to join Sweeties our cocktail bar, discotheque and late-night lounge.
As the Assistant Cocktail Bar Manager in Sweeties, you will oversee an exceptional service team that provides an extensive drinks service from early evening sunset cocktails through to party vibes as we evolve seamlessly into a late night lounge until the early hours. As well as supporting our bar team you will also oversee our floor team who provide table service, support the door team with table allocations and guest lists and be on hand to manage any unexpected situations that arise.
You will of course be a dedicated ‘Nightlife Aficionado’ who is passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of bar/club operations and the order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality wines, cocktails and spirits.
As a senior member of the team there are a number of additional management duties you will undertake including staff recruitment, training, scheduling, payroll and implementing Health & Safety policies and practices within the outlet. Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host, making our guests feel welcome and taken care of in this vibrant late night venue.
This is not a ‘Standard’ Assistant Cocktail Bar Manager position so you will need to have miles and miles of personality and stamina, be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and able to work equally well both independently and as part of a team.
Do you have what it takes to be our Assistant Cocktail Bar Manager at Sweeties…
Prior experience as an Assistant Cocktail Bar Manager gained within a similar Club, Late Night Bar/Lounge or Hospitality environment is essential for this role however we welcome applications from all backgrounds; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries
- Be a confident mixologist with a proven knowledge of spirits, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the latest trends in the London bar scene.
- Experience across a range of management disciplines.
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions.
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given.
- Hold a Personal Licence along with any relevant qualifications such as WSET.
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including late nights as Sweeties operate a late night licence.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be an Assistant Cocktail Bar Manager in Sweeties, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
Sweeties is our cocktail bar, discotheque and late-night lounge bringing innovative drinks and glorious misbehaviour to the top of The Standard, London. Think feel-good sips and trippy-coloured cocktails surrounded by floor-to-ceiling views and a good time soundtrack from our ever-evolving DJ line-up. Cocktails in Sweeties have been crafted with feel-good ingredients and mood-enhancing mixes for an innovative cocktail list like no other.
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (2 x Annual Salary)
- Medical Assistance (including online GP and Physio)
- Employee Assistance Programme with Well-being service
- Discount platform including GYM
- Worldwide Travel Discounts via The Standard Advantage platform
- Employee & Family Rates across all Standard and Bunkhouse properties
- In-house Experience Programme
- F&B Discounts ranging from 25-50%
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1,000
- Tuition Aid Scheme & subsidised training
- Season Ticket Loan & Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Social Committee with regular monthly social activities