The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
The Standard, London has 266 rooms in 42 unique styles ranging from Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking St Pancras station. The lobby lounge, with a carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, with a Sounds studio hosting weekly live music and talks. Executive Chef Adam Rawson’s street facing bar, Double Standard, offers lunch, happy-hour and casual drinking and dining, while his garden restaurant, Isla, features a seasonally-driven, coastal inspired menu. Board the street level, exterior red lift directly to the 10th-floor to Decimo where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live fire cooking and the building’s 360-degree views of London.
As our business levels continue to grow we are now seeking to expand our Front Office team and are looking for dynamic individuals to join us as a Front Desk Agent.
As a Front Desk Agent, you will become part of an exceptional front office team that will engage with our guests from pre-arrival, throughout the guests stay to post departure. Primarily you will provide our guests with unparalleled level of hospitality, from a seamless arrival and departure experience, to extensive reception services, assisting them with their queries and unexpressed wishes. You will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate guest experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be on hand to provide information on hotel services and most importantly, as their host, make our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and can manage both detailed administration tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Front Desk Agent at The Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven background in a customer facing role as a Receptionist or Front Desk Agent, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector
- A flexibility approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts including, evenings, nights and weekends. This is a fulltime role; however, we have many opportunities for those seeking a more flexible working schedule.
- Have exceptional administration and organisation skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver high and consistent service standards (familiarisation with Coyle Service standards is a bonus)
- As the world’s premier international City, you will need to be fluent in English, in addition we do of course welcome speakers of other key international languages.
- Experience of using Opera PMS is advantageous.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Front Desk Agent, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Incentive Bonus & Commission
- Regular Social Events
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £1000
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities