The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Situated on Euston Road across from the gothic grandeur of St Pancras Station, the hotel is set to become a new cultural crossroad for London and a gateway to Europe. The hotel playfully respects the building's history while creating new expansive spaces for the neighbourhood to play from our bars, restaurants, lounges and event spaces throughout the building.
The Standard, London has 266 rooms in 42 unique styles ranging from Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking St Pancras station. The lobby lounge, with a carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, with a Sounds studio hosting weekly live music and talks. Double Standard, offers lunch, happy-hour and casual drinking and dining, while our garden restaurant, Isla, features a seasonally-driven, coastal inspired menu. Board the street level, exterior red lift directly to the 10th-floor to Decimo where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live fire cooking and the building’s 360-degree views of London.
We are now seeking a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as an Events Sous Chef.
As a Events Sous Chef you are an integral part of the kitchen management team and report directly to the Head Chef. You will contribute in the execution of all daily culinary operations for our events and assist in supervising all culinary team members. Most importantly you will oversee service delivery and monitor food quality from the pass. As an Events Sous Chef you possess solid skills such as coaching, training, disciplining and mediating in conflicts. You are patient, empathetic and supportive towards you team, even in the most stressful situations. And of course, you show pride in your work and hold yourself and your team to highest standards.
As part of the kitchen management team, you will also assist in many various aspects of kitchen management, from the daily production of food and quality control of products, stock control, food hygiene and HACCP.
Do you have what it takes to be an Events Sous Chef at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as an Events Sous Chef is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need…
- A proven track record in a similar Sous Chefor Senior Chef de Partie role with the ability to inspire and motivate, with experience ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’, large multi-site restaurant/kitchen or boutique hotel sector
- Professional culinary & food safety qualifications to a minimum of level 2 or 3
- To be highly motivated and pro-active; act with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Able to multi-task with excellent time management skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience and proficiency across a range of kitchen management disciplines including stock management control and menu planning; ideally gained in a high volume, fast-paced kitchen
- The ability to develop and deliver effective training to maintain consistent service standards throughout your team
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our events, bars and restaurants will operate late night licences.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Events Sous Chef within our new rooftop restaurant and bars, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £600
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities