The Standard's irreverent and playful sensibility, combined with a careful consideration of design, detail and service, have established its reputation as a pioneer of hospitality, travel, dining, nightlife, and beyond. Located in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, London and The Maldives [with a number of future properties planned world-wide over the next 5 years]; The Standard hotels are known for their taste-making clientele, their pioneering design, and their unrelenting un-Standard-ness.
From prodigious opulence at The Top of The Standard to rock 'n roll chic in Hollywood, you never quite know what to expect, save for a beautiful setting, a fresh twist on Modernist design, and a smashing good time
At the heart of our hotels are, of course, the people who through their vibrancy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking an experienced and dynamic individual that will capture the essence of The Standard, to join us as a Design & Development Manager working across our portfolio and based out of London.
As a Design & Development Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Design Department in creating space planning studies, plan layouts & design drawings, design briefs, design presentations for our existing portfolio and those currently under development.
Working closely with our Design team in New York you will project manage the implementation of plans end to end from draft to implementation; managing scope of work, project proposals and schedules. You will work closely with property teams, vendors and project consultants to ensure that all design projects are completed to time and executed to an exceptionally high standard.
As a central point of contact for Design projects you will handle all necessary communications throughout the business; to assist in ensuring that clear and accurate reporting of active, pending and completed projects is maintained and understood within the team, and that the documents are distributed accurately and on time with project schedules and timelines.
This is not a ‘Standard’ Design role so you will need to have serious stamina and passion, be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and handle pressure well; thrive in a high volume, high energy environment and able to work equally well both independently and as part of a team.
Do you have what it takes to be a Design & Development Manager at The Standard?
A minimum four (4+) years' post-graduate related experience in architecture, interiors or Design is essential for this role [ideally gained in a similar hospitality setting]. While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; creative, dynamic and engaging.
In addition to this you will also need….
- Professional degree in architecture, interiors or design with an in-depth understanding of construction & design documentation.
- London Based with flexibility to work remotely, travel and work at various Standard Hotel locations as required to facilitate and oversee projects on site.
- Proficient in CAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Software & Microsoft Office.
- Excellent command of English, knowledge of a second European language preferred with the ability to effectively communicate creative concepts.
- Excellent organization, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Excellent understating of space planning.
- Experience managing presentations, design proposals, renovations and/or construction projects.
- Strong creative drive, with attention to detail and the ability to work independently to coordinate multiple long-term projects in parallel and in conjunction with short-term assignments.
- Able to change focus when needed while making regular progress on assigned projects.
- Able to laugh at the impossible and enjoy a challenge.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Design & Development Manager for Standard International, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty [when based on property]
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £500
- Tuition Aid Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities