The Standard, London opened in July 2019 and has boldly propelled The Standard brand onto the international stage. Housed in the former Camden Town Hall Annex in London’s thriving King’s Cross neighbourhood, the 1974 Brutalist building has been meticulously restored and sets the perfect stage for The Standard’s first hotel outside America. The Standard, London has 266 rooms ranging from our snug Cosy Core rooms to terraced suites with outdoor bathtubs overlooking the dramatic St Pancras station. On the ground floor, you'll find Double Standard, our street-facing bar and restaurant home of our legendary burger, Aperol Spritz slushy and our Bottomless Sunday Brunch. (Don't forget to book!) Next door is The Library Lounge, where our carefully curated library pays homage to the building’s original use, and, our Sounds Studio, home of our virtual culture hub, Sometimes Radio. Our 10th-floor restaurant, Decimo is back, where Chef Peter Sanchez-Iglesias’ showcases his live-fire cooking surrounded by 360-degree views of London - only accessible by our iconic exterior red pill lift
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking to cast a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as a Bartender.
As a Bartender at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive drinks service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces within the hotel. Your exceptional knowledge of the latest trends in the London bar scene will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of bar operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality wines, champagne and spirts in order to guide and make recommendations to guests based on their preferences. The bar team will also create and mix a range of signature cocktails in addition to mixing and blending of all the classics, to add a touch of personality and theatre to our guests’ experience.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Bartender at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Bartender with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or similar busy city bar
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries
- To be a confident mixologist with a proven knowledge of spirits, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the latest trends in the London bar scene
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous, however full training will be given
- To be highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars will operate late night licences
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Bartender, we’d love to hear from you!
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Rates across all Standard properties
- F&B Discounts
- Recruitment Referral Bonus up to £500
- Season Ticket Loan & regular social activities